Taurus Firearm Forum banner

New 24/7 G2 9mm LOVE it- Need Holster

9K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  buck270 
#1 ·
First of all I wanted to say I love the new g2. I owned a 24/7 pro ds for about a year and it was stolen. I shopped around a lot before I got this g2 (yesterday). I had around 650 to spend if I needed it, looked at XDMS and Glocks mostly, couple sigs and H&ks. I love the grip and feel of the 24/7 more than any gun ive ever held. My first 24/7 was also (for me) the most accurate pistol I have shot. The gen2 is EVEN better, the trigger is AWESOME and everything else about it. I put 75 rounds of Winch W Box FMJs and 20 Winchester JHPS without any problem whatsoever.

I did see a post or two on here talking about a couple holsters that fit the g2, but talked about modification. Does anyone know of a blackhawk style holster that holds the g2 9mm (4.2 Barrel) without mods?? And/OR an IWB of any sort ??? Thanks!!

#2 ·
I use a Blackhawk made for the USP but I had to do some mods. Another G2 owner said the Blackhawk Serpa Level II made for older 24/7 models fit his G2 fine. Recommend going to the LGS and trying the fit. None of mine had the holster made for the 24/7 thats why I went with what I did. Good luck with ur new firearm, I have about 800 rounds thru mine and love it so far.

#4 ·
I found the serpa concealment holster from blackhawk, made for Springfield XD Compact (or Service Models) with the number 07 in the corner, fits my G2 perfectly. Mine is a .40 but shouldn;t matter. No mods needed, fits and locks great. Will post pictures if i can figure out how. I've been looking for some time for a good fit, this is it. Blackhawk part # 410507BK-R. That is for right hand model.

#11 · (Edited)
I second this recommendation, I bought the same holster (Blackhawk Serpa #7), but it's not perfect. The 24/7 G2 (mine is a 4.2" .45ACP) does click in, but there is a little wiggle and if I push it foward and pull hard, it will come out of the holster without using the thumb release. However, under most any normal circumstance this holster will hold the G2 fine and I feel it's even secure enough to run in. (UPDATE:) I tightened the retention screw as far as it would go on the Serpa, and it's holding the G2 without releasing it as I described above. Still very easy to insert and draw from holster.4

That said I hope the holsters specifically for the G2 will start hitting the market soon. ALSO, Tommy Theis (Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters) can make you an IWB concealed or an OWB holster for your G2. He has that model listed on the website, and he said simply add a cowhide iwb to the cart and put in the notes that you want an OWB and he'll put belt loop holes instead of the clips on it, and leave off the hip pad part. He also noted that he could actually give you an IWB and OWB in one, where he puts holes in the holster for your IWB clips but you can remove them and just wear it OWB with the belt loop holes if you wish.

He makes a quality product, and his holster is $55 shipped. That's a black cowhide back with a molded kydex outer. I just placed an order for one, so I'll post pics when I get it.

#5 ·
First of all I wanted to say I love the new g2.

I love the grip and feel of the 24/7 more than any gun ive ever held. My first 24/7 was also (for me) the most accurate pistol I have shot. The gen2 is EVEN better, the trigger is AWESOME and everything else about it. I put 75 rounds of Winch W Box FMJs and 20 Winchester JHPS without any problem whatsoever.
I do enjoy reading a happy Taurus guy's range report!

Congrats on your new 24/7 G2!:thumb:

#8 ·
Just got my Blackhawk Serpa in the mail today. I was worried after seeing you had to buy one for another gun (kenbog2). I ordered the one for 24/7 (old), even though I have the G2. It fits just about perfect. A little snug for me, but I think a little "finessing" with some sandpaper will do the trick. It just seems to be rubbing on the top of the slide. The retention works exactly like it should. Now if I can find the time to take it to the range!!!!!

#9 ·
Glad to hear yours fit (wikieod) . I took mine to local blackhawk dealer and they let me bring my gun and try it in all the holsters they had. Mine was too tight in the24/7 and 24/7 OSS would not engage. The XD fit perfect, so thats what i went with. Just glad i dont have to carry it around anymore.Get out and send some lead downrange soon!!!!.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.