Taurus Firearm Forum banner

::Range Report:: First time out with my new G2

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  mike145 
#1 ·
Put 150 rounds of WWB thru the gun and no problems that I can speak of. No FtF's or FtE's. The gun did what it was designed to do as well as it could I suppose. Also everything that my girlfriend and I shot was pretty low and to the left. So I busted out the owners manual and read up on how to adjust the sights. After I a couple of tweaks and a little fine tuning I was hitting pretty tight one inch-ish groups at about 25-30 feet with just the occasional flyer. I can't wait till Wal-Mart gets some more ammo in so I can get back to the range again :)

#6 ·
Okay here is a couple of pictures. Sorry if the quality sucks. The camera on my phone isn't the greatest and it doesn't have a flash. ENJOY !!

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
Put 150 rounds of WWB thru the gun and no problems that I can speak of. No FtF's or FtE's. The gun did what it was designed to do as well as it could I suppose. Also everything that my girlfriend and I shot was pretty low and to the left. So I busted out the owners manual and read up on how to adjust the sights. After I a couple of tweaks and a little fine tuning I was hitting pretty tight one inch-ish groups at about 25-30 feet with just the occasional flyer. I can't wait till Wal-Mart gets some more ammo in so I can get back to the range again :)
I posted basically the same review on another site(Taurus 24/7 G2 9mm review), and got flamed. Some knucklehead started arguing with me. Telling me there is no way I could adjust the sites for elevation (just windage) . I even posted a pic of the owners manual, and he still basically called me a dummy.

Seems like you enjoy the gun. I know I enjoy mine. Mine was also shooting low left, out of the box.No problems here either. With 3 different kinds of ammo....Happy shooting.

#10 ·
I posted basically the same review on another site(Taurus 24/7 G2 9mm review), and got flamed. Some knucklehead started arguing with me. Telling me there is no way I could adjust the sites for elevation (just windage) .

I followed your link and went the message board on the other site that you posted your review on about your G2 and I can't figure out what that guys problem was. You even posted a pic of the instruction manual where it tells you how to adjust the sights for elevation and he still didn't get it. WoW !! What a jerk. Some people just think that they know everything, LoL. Well I am glad you are enjoying your G2 as much as I am enjoying mine, Wal-Mart finally got some more Federal 9mm in and I picked myself up a few boxes. I am planning on hitting the range again sometime this week :D

#12 ·
I got out to the range and put another 150 rounds thru the G2 again, and once again no problems of any kind. Except that I shot like crap. I couldn't hit where I was aiming at all. I was getting pretty irritated because of it. Well that and the two "Glock" guys in the lane next to me gun's kept ejecting shells over the top of the divider and hitting me in the head. It was funny how my aim did seem to get better after they left. Oh well there's always next time.

#13 ·
There certainly are some range days better than others! I mean, it's always a great day when you get to the range but some range days just turn out a lot better than others and for plenty of reasons.

Here's to your next one being a great one!!

#14 ·
On my way home from the range I hit up a Wal-Mart and picked up 200 more rounds of 9mm. 150 rds of Federal Champion and 50 rds of this steel cased stuff called "Tula Ammo". The Tula was only $9.47 for a 50rd box so I said "what the hell, Why not ?" ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.