Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Made it to the range today.

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  dbeardslee 
#1 · (Edited)
Well made it to the indoor range today. Was the first time I got to shoot my new toy. I found out that its more then just point and shoot. I will have to practice a good deal but that is to be expected. Was really a pleasure to shoot.Nice and light even with a almost full mag(could only get 14 in the clip), and very little kick. I would have thought that 50 rounds would have been enough for an hour worth of fun but I was wrong. Ended up shooting 85 rounds. Good thing they are decently cheap.

Looking forward to getting back to the range tomorrow afternoon. Will get to use my new ear plugs. Old ones today really hurt the inside of my ears. (guess thats what one gets for getting cheap ones many years ago). The wifes never really been a fan of hand guns but I think that she will even shoot this once I get her to the range.

24/7 G2 40 Cal.

#5 ·
I was able to make it to the range again on thursday. Was a good time again. I did a little better but again more practice in needed. put another 100 rounds through the tube. Will be fun to get out doors and shoot some, maybe the fresh air will help my aim.

#7 ·
Glad you had fun on your range trips Ricochet Rabbit. Although I don't yet have one, I love the way the G2's look, and can't wait to hold and shoot one at some point.

#10 ·
Welcome to the forum!
you can slow down the shooting by only loading your magazines with 5-6 rounds, this typically will make you slow down and concentrate of your form, sighting and breathing, as well as giving your hands and arms a break while you reload the mags.
Don't know if you are shooting groups yet or not, you got to be ble to shoot groups to diagnose what you are doing wrong, if you are shooting groups take a look at the chart i attached, print it out and take it to the range with you.
enjoy the G-2

Attachments

#11 ·
dbeardslee, I am not as old as some may assume. But I do love the old cartoons and needed a cleaver name.
thanks olfarhors I will use that pistol chart the next time I go. Since this my first handgun I will take all the advice that I can get.

#12 · (Edited)
Since this my first handgun I will take all the advice that I can get.
The number one mistake new pistol shooters make is anticipating the recoil. But before you can fix it, you need to know you're doing it. The best trick I know for that is to get yourself some snap caps, and have someone else load your mag throwing a couple snap caps in at random. If you land on one of the 'duds' and the barrel winds up pointing at the ground you'll know you're anticipating. When you get to the point where you hit the duds but the sights don't move off the target, you will have learned. Kind of sounds like master Po, doesn't it :rolleyes::D

#16 ·
DITTO< very good practice, also if you place a empty casing on the top of you pistol and practice firing (empty gun) and you can keep the empty case on top of f
the gun as you complete the firing(trigger pul) then this will help with the snatching of the trigger and the pulling downward as you fire.
it will get better, its just like Golf, Bowling, Archery, etc a new sport must be practiced and muscle memory formed to become better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.