Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Barrel removal 24/7 oss

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  olfarhors 
#1 ·
Hope someone can help with this. Followed the instructions for barrel removal on my 45 ACP 24/7 OSS. Slide to the rear and gently lift up. The muzzle end of the barrel got wedged into the slide. Took some anxious manipulation to get it out. Same problem putting the barrel back into the slide. Real close tolerances betweent the barrel and the slide.

What is the best "method" to remove the barrel fromt the slide without the pucker factor?

#2 ·
#3 ·
Never had that problem. It does take some wiggling sometimes if I pull it at an odd angle, but that is rare. I would keep trying different angles. If it persists maybe it is something wrong with the slide or barrel being slightly out of tolerance.

How does it shoot? If it shot fine my thought would be maybe after a few rounds it will get seated better? I am no smith but without seeing it that's my two cents. Lots of people have them here so I would be someone will be along soon who might be more help.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I have noticed my barrels on both my 24/7s are tight to wiggle out. Nothing extreme but tighter than my PT145. I think that the longer barrels give less wiggle room than the shorter barrel models

#7 ·
If you haven't had any real problems breaking it down and reassembling before and it shoots great I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes and ongoing issue. It was probably some slightly different angle or something. Just my thought though.

#12 ·
well its always interesting to visit here and read the questiosn and replies!
I have never had a minutes trouble removing the barrel on my 24/7 OSS D/S,
I rack the slide back,I pull the takedown lever out, drop the slide gently while pulling the trigger, the slide assembly comes off , i turn the slide upside down, i remove the recoil spring assembly, then take my finger while lifting the slide (still upside down) push the rear of the barrel to raise it a bit and pull out the barrel.
easy as can be and never a bind?
maybe my gun is just worn out and has a lot of play in it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.