Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Pt 24/7 pro ls ds

7K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  olfarhors 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a PT 24/7 PRO LS DS and was wondering if anyone could provide some insight into this firearm. I personally think it's a great weapon and was wondering what you thought too. Also, can you tell me what the DS stands for?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!

The 24/7 PRO LS DS (decocker safety) is one fine pistol. I have a 24/7 OSS DS in .45 ACP and it is the finest shooting handgun I own.

What caliber is your new pistol?

#4 ·
Interesting!
I have no idea where you people are coming up with all these 24/7 long slides?
I haven't seen one locally or online in well over a year!
anyway- if you read through the 24/7 boards you will find all the info on the guns that you ever wanted and more.
generally this is a third edition of the 24/7 series, its single action/double action, decocker is what the D/S designation is.
the total model /number indicates it is single action/ double action with a decocker, the pro is SA/DA, the regular 24 /7 is double action only (1st edition).
it should have about a 5 .25 inch barrel if i remember correctly.
Novak three dot ssights.
the 24/7 series in my opinion is the best Taurus designed semi auto they make, very few problems are normally heard of with them, they are reliable and accurate.
I own two 24/7 C Pro D/S and a 24/7 OSS D/S, all are very good weapons.
Welcome to the forum.

#6 ·
I just picked up a OSS 9mm last week and the gun shop had quite a few LS available. Trying to get my gun funds back up to get some more.

#8 ·
They were the Pro LS DS in different calibers. The PMRs do look like a blast but I have heard that Keltec has had to go back to the drawing board as they are having a lot of problems with key holing. Talk about being unhappy with a $500 22 mag pistol.

#11 ·
AH, so not to old then!
I have actually never seen a Pro D/S in a long slide!
seen a couple of the pro LS though.
as for the PMR this company is certinly not the first one to try the 22 mag in a semi auto pistol!
a whole lot of problems to overcome in that lil powerhouse and using it in a pistol.
To each his own but if i am paying 12-14 bucks a box for ammo i want to shoot at least a 380, preferabally a 9MM or a 40cal.
but hey, I am just a gluton for recoil!-LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.