Taurus Firearm Forum banner

First trip to teh range after repair.

781 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Montkun 
#1 ·
Finally got to shoot my repaired G2 this morning. Quick background on the repairs, #1 the rear of the firing pin was contacting the slide cap making the gun bind up #2 front sight not centered causing shots 2" left firing off a bench with the rear sight adjusted to the max.

I put 250 rounds of Federal Champion 115gr and 20 rounds of PDX1 124gr through it. The gun shot much better than before repairs. I went through 2 mags off the bench and it was shooting dead center just a bit low at 7 yards. Made a small tweak to the rear sight and it was shooting perfect. No malfunctions through all 270 rounds today, very satisfied customer.

On the other hand my friend who went was shooting TUL through his 24/7 Pro Compact. That pistol does not like that ammo at all. I think he had 15 fail to eject and about the same FTF. I gave him my brush and told him to run it down the pipe after everyother magazine and that seemed to help the issue. He might not clean his guns good enough, but he did not have any issues with his WWB. I told him to stay away from the TUL when he ws buying it but he is a cheap SOB. Anyone have issues with the TUL in their compact's?

#3 ·
youngandfree said:
My pt145 didn't like Tulammo. For a couple bucks saved, it isn't worth the headache when dealing with the jams.
Thats what I told my friend. He finally put the stuff away, I hope eh got rid of it when he got home. He isnt very gun savy so I was constantly clearing his jams, which slowed down my shooting.

#4 ·
My 945 isn't a big fan of TulAmmo either, anything brass feeds like it was coated in bacon grease. But those steel cases just don't eject reliably enough for my liking. I've never had a fail to fire with it, but I think that's more of a testament to the gun than the ammo.

Steel cases only work well in my P-64, but being a Polish gun it shouldn't have any problems with it. I run the Russian made Brown and Silver Bear ammo, which is probably typical of most eastern european ammos around.

I'd like to get some Federal in .45 ACP from walmart, but that stock flies off the shelf when it comes in. I can deal with WWB if it's there, but that's everyones next choice once the Federal is gone so it moves quick too. I'd rather not wait on delivery at the moment, or else i'd buy online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.