Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Magazine issues.........

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ncfarmer 
#1 ·
Ok, let me start by saying I LOVE this firearm. 24/7 pro c ds .40.

My issue is with the 15 rd magazine.... or shall I say 14 rounds w/ a rattle. I am unable to fill the mag to maximum capacity (supposedly 15rds). And after about 10 rounds in the same mag, it begins to rattle, seems to be at or near the mag follower. With the magazine filled it sounds like a spray paint can to give you an idea.

Any suggestions for fixing one / both issues? :???:

Thanks in advance for your help.

#3 ·
Thanks for the input. I have disassembled the mags, cleaned, cleaned, cleaned, and inspected several times. no obvious issues. As compared to the compact mag, no visible differences.

#5 ·
My mags rattle too. The rattle are round(s) in the stacking that have the pressure removed from them, simply due to the way they are stacked in the mag. It causes no problems that I have seen and they feed just fine. There are other thread on the rattling.

I have one mag out of the four I own that I just cannot get the 15th rd into. I just bought it and I am hoping it breaks itself in soon, or I'll just tear it down and take a closer look.

My biggest complain on the Taurus mags is the rd count markings (5,10,15).... I shoot IDPA, and we have to load certain numbers of rounds in the mags... and only seeing th e 5,10 and 15 markings make it a pain in the a$$ to count rounds... someday I may try to just drill more holes in it, but I am afraid I will just make the mag weaker.. so I'll just live with it for now.

#6 ·
As far as the springs being tight, dont think thats it. Ive had the gun for several months, ive loaded the mags unloaded the mags. Let the mags sit loaded for a few weeks, then rested them for a while. Put several hundred rounds through the gun... dont think the springs are tight......

That being said... I still have no idea what it could be. The mag followers are different, I swapped them, thinking i may have mixed them up cleaning... didnt make a diference.

I can deal with 14 rnds but would like the extra. And the rattle doesnt effect function, just drives me nuts.

Any help greatly appreciated. Sorry for the rant, dont want that to sound like i am being an a$$, thats not my intention.

Thanks again.

#7 ·
get a mag uplula loader and you can easily load any mag (38-45) to max with it!
as for the rattling mags as long as you are not trying to sneak up on someone I don't see a problem with that personally.
I imagine that if you really had to shoot a bad guy he might be thinking on the way to HELL
"wonder what that rattle was I heard just before that loud BOOM"

#8 ·
I've not had any rattling going on, but, getting number 15 in either mag is a challenge. It is getting a little easier, but still difficult. I just remembered...when I was shooting Monarchs I noticed that the amount of bullet showing in the 15 hole was different than the Hornady's that I carry in it. I believe it was the Hornady's that I could see more of the bullet through the hole. I had trouble with misfires with the Monarchs and stopped buying them. I will see if there is any difference with the WWB rounds that I have now.

#9 ·
I would have suggested taking the magazines apart to see what was wrong with them. If it was a tight spring
causing the loading issue, removing a coil from that might solve that problem. I've never encountered a rattling
with any of my magazines, but I can tell you, Glock magazines take strong thumbs to load up, I guess you will
have to keep working with your magazines and time and effort will eventually loosen them up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.