Taurus Firearm Forum banner

To send off or not send off.

804 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  jwc007 
#1 ·
My pt 24/7 pro duo is shooting low about 2 inches. though I'm new to pistol shooting (not shooting in general) I know its not me. I have shot one hole with a buddies xd and he shot low with my taurus. I've shot from a rest, and at 10 feet. I'm thinking about sending it off to taurus to have it adjusted or should I hire a local gun smith? or just get better? that's my only complant though the gun has functioned flawlessly thus far and is so awesome other wise.

#2 ·
Welcome Zen.

I've never shot an XD nor do I know what kind of sights they use. But it's possible the two guns shoot to a different point of aim and the sight picture should be different between the two.

What sight picture are you using?

#3 ·
I do not shoot competively, so a 2-inch low shot wouldn't bother me. My handguns are strictly for home defense and concealed carry.

I'm sure that Taurus could make the proper adjustments to your handgun to make it a "spot-on" shooter!

#4 ·
Every gun I own shoots low at ten feet.

#5 ·
yea, i agree , at 10 feet the gun should be a tad low, thats about the height the sights sit above the bore!
but actually if the gun shoots low for you at self defense distances (3 yards-15 yards) then you can either, cut down the height of the front sight blade, sent the gun in to Taurus, or If i could shoot one hole groups but two inches low in a self defense pistol I would just aim two inches high actually.
In the real world of self protection the difference in two inches is shooting a hole through the second button on his shirt, or shootting a hole between the second and third button on his shirt.
more than likely you are hitting the same organ either way!

#7 ·
Switch to a "Dead On" sight hold if you are not using one already and work on your trigger pull.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.