Taurus Firearm Forum banner

24/7 G2 Spring, is it an issue?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BubbleheadNick 
#1 ·
Recently, I got a new 24/7 G2 9mm. This is my first gun, ever, so I am not an expert in any way. Before the first shots, I broke it down to clean and lube, no problems breaking down. The first issue came up with reassembly. When trying to put the recoil spring back in, it just didn't want to push in so it could lock in. I took it out, verified the spring would move, and it did. Trying to put it back in, still had the same problem. Finally, after a little manipulation, it went in. Seems that it has to be in a perfect position to push in. Is this common or is there an issue. Also, dont know if it is related, but when I took it for the first fire, the first 3-4 round went out fine, but like the 4th or 5th would not completely feed (slide was about 98% forward, but not completly forward, could push it the rest of the way with my thumb). Tried both mags, with similar results, and even tried different ammo. Went home, cleaned, inspected and tried again another day. Initally had the same issue. I was advised to check my grip, and went through a good number of rounds with no issue, but felt like I was using a death grip. Could this be related to the spring or something else, or am I just limp wristing it? Thanks for your feedback.

#2 ·
Hard to say what it is but I would think the spring could be playing a role if it is indeed problematic. I don't own a G2 but sounds possible to be a spring issue to me.

#3 ·
I had the same issue with my pt111 on my last range trip... I took down the gun to clean it and the recoil spring always giving me a hard time putting in but never an issue it was made that way. Im positive I was not able to put it back perfectly then started having issue not feeding due to the slide not going into battery. I took it apart again and made sure the spring sits in nicely, i never had an issue again. It takes some time to know your gun... Make sure practice assembly and disassembly and know hOw each part functions.

#4 ·
It sounds like your grip could have been causing the failure to feed if when you used the death grip you didn't have the problem. You have to have a firm grip and a locked wrist so that the force moving the slide doesn't get bled off with a "limp wrist". It needs support so the energy goes mostly to moving the slide.

As far as the spring, I haven't seen a G2 so I can't help you there. But welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.