Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Ordering a new G2 9mm today.

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  -Dragon 
#1 ·
I am ordering it up from BudsGunShop.com. I am very excited !! I know it will be a little while till I get it in after I order it today but I am still hyped up. I will be my first official gun purchase as an adult. No more shooting my Dads or friends guns at the range for me !! Woo !! Just figured I'd share :D

#2 ·
Enjoy the G2. I think it will make a fine weapon for you, so far mine really likes to eat WWB and Federal target loads. I have shot PDX1 and Fiocchi XTP for my SD rounds. Both shoot great out of it. Any questions let me know. I am heading to the range on Saturday to try mine out for the first time since I got it back from repair.

#3 ·
Grats on the new (and first) purchase Veritas!!

I love the looks of the G2's. Keep us posted on the whole process of taking it home, first cleaning and first range trip!

Enjoy!

#4 ·
Oh yeah I will definitely keep everyone here up to date on everything with my new gun purchase. I almost feel obligated to. After all it was coming on here to this message board and reading peoples comments and experiences that convinced me to buy this gun over a different model.

#6 ·
BubbleheadNick said:
Enjoy the G2. I think it will make a fine weapon for you, so far mine really likes to eat WWB and Federal target loads. I have shot PDX1 and Fiocchi XTP for my SD rounds. Both shoot great out of it. Any questions let me know. I am heading to the range on Saturday to try mine out for the first time since I got it back from repair.

I've got a question for you. Or anyone that wants to chime in and answer as well is more than welcome to.

Since this is the first gun I have ever owned, what should be the first thing I do with it after I pick it up ? Other than go and shoot it of course ;) What I mean is, Should I take it apart and clean it and oil it ? Or is it good to go right out of the box ? And if I do have to oil it and clean it, What should I use to do so ? I am very new to all of this and I want to do things properly.

#7 ·
Break it down and clean it. It will be full of white grease used in rust prevention for it's trip across the ocean. Some people break them all the way down to striker channel and such. I only did a field strip and haven't had one hiccup with my PT145..

Try to use a polymer safe gun cleaner. Lightly re-oil metal parts, and maybe apply a small bit of grease on the rails. Should them be good to go.

#8 ·
The FIRST thing that you should do BEFORE you pick up the gun is to inspect it!
check out the function as best as you can, look at the fit, look for any cosmetic damage.
check to make sure all documents and acessories are included with it.
then decide if its the weapon that meets your criteria and is in good condition.
then fill out the paperwork and take it home!
do not fill out the paperwork or give any cash before doing this!

#9 ·
Ironmagz said:
Break it down and clean it. It will be full of white grease used in rust prevention for it's trip across the ocean. Some people break them all the way down to striker channel and such. I only did a field strip and haven't had one hiccup with my PT145..

Try to use a polymer safe gun cleaner. Lightly re-oil metal parts, and maybe apply a small bit of grease on the rails. Should them be good to go.
Great advice. My G2 had some of the white "stuff" in it but not that bad. I used a spray cleaner and an old tooth brush to get it cleaned up real good then oiled it per the manual. On the rails I applied a very thin coat of Molykote 33 grease, the stuff seems to work real good and it is polymer safe.

Also follow Olfarhors advice and inspect it inside and out.

Good luck and enjoy it!

#11 ·
-Dragon said:
Congrats on the purchase, hopefully you will have a better turn around time with Buds than I.
Ordered it on the 12th and it still has not been shipped.
-Matt
Contacted them about backorder? As few of these as I see on the shelves I wouldnt be surprised if Buds doesnt have many either. From my experience Buds is usually pretty quick if they have the item in stock.

#12 ·
Well I picked the gun up today from the FFL. I sat down and read the manual and took the gun apart I did not see all of the crazy amounts of "white grease" I have been reading about. The gun had some grease on it, but not a crazy amount. I am going to have to go out and buy some products to clean and oil and grease the gun with. Anybody have any suggestions on what I should pick up ?

#13 ·
Well saw and handled my first 24/7 G-2 today!
Nor bad, very similiar to the Pro D/S but honestly i like the feel, grip and balance of the 24/7 Pro D/s better personally.
Now i might like it better after shooting it a few times .

#17 ·
yep when your a child its all about Christmas morning, when you grow up its all about filing out the FFL.-LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.