Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Opinion needed

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  VTB_Gunner 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I am new to this forum (two posts) but I see the great knowledge from everone who posts. I was offered a trade my old duty Glock 22 gen 3(we just went to gen 4) for a Taurus OSS tactical. it would be an even trade and I wanted as many opinions as I can get. I have been curious about the OSS since seeing it. I have taken great care of my Glock but would welcome a change. (I like to be different) Anyway opinions please. If it makes me as happy as my PT 111 I recently purchased I think it would be fine.

Thank You!!!!!!

#3 ·
I have owned nine Taurus handguns, and my OSS .45 ACP is my hands down favorite. It is built on a military platform and is dead-on accurate. Go for it!

#4 ·
foth1 said:
I was offered a trade my old duty Glock 22 gen 3(we just went to gen 4) for a Taurus OSS tactical. it would be an even trade and I wanted as many opinions as I can get.
What Caliber is the 24/7 OSS Tactical being offered for trade?

Irregardless, I would make the trade in a heartbeat! Go for it!!!

I own and operate a .45 ACP version and it's been great!!! But then, I've read good reviews from other posters here that own other 24/7 OSS Tacticals of other Calibers.

Also, before making the trade you might ask to test fire the 24/7 OSS Tactical in question.

#6 ·
;D
I like my old Black 24/7 OSS D/S pretty well!
its flawless in operation and its nice to shoot with vey little recoil or muzzle jump.
the 24/7 OSS is really the only pistol that i shoot routinely at 25 yards other than my 1911's, accuracy is about the same as with them. :rolleyes:
so its at least 10 yards more accurate than most of my tote guns.
I don't really do Glocks, although i have shot a few but couldn't fairly compare them to the 24/7 OSS as I have a lot more man hours behind the grip of it.
below is a few pictures, the target is the first range trip with the gun, i have since moved the rear sight a bit right and it prints dead on for me now! :p

Attachments

#7 ·
If you like the pt-111 then you'll like the 24/7 that much better IMHO. They are my favorites.

I have a S&W XD-9 that I might, just might, trade for a Glock 19.

#8 ·
I like my Glocks - I love my OSS.
Book value gives a slight edge to the Glock, although I'm not sure of that. My copy of the Blue Book (I'm one edition behind) doesn't have the OSS, per se, I'm estimating based on the Pro.
But I think I'd go for the trade - especially if you already have the gen 4. And especially if the 24/7 was in .45 acp.

#9 ·
I love the OSS. Shoots great, is very accurate and from the torture tests I have seen can handle alot of punishment.

#10 ·
those that do not care for glocks are many, they are great guns but feel plastic, my oss does not feel that way to me (my sons are glock guys and very opionated till they shoot my stuff, but then forget and go glock again)

#11 ·
Glock fans, Taurus fans, S&W lovers,Springfield, Ruger, on and on. Root for your team. I'll root for mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.