Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Range Report

639 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MilProGuy 
#1 ·
Well, finally made it to the range with my new 24/7 G2 9MM and have to say, after not firing at all for 16 years I was pretty impressed with myself. Operation and performance of the G2 was flawless through 150 rounds of Federal 115g. Aside from shooting errors on my part the groups were pretty tight, abt 3" at 7 meters, 5" at 15 meters and about 8" at 25 meters. Took a while to get used to DA on the first shot but once I did I was hitting consistently in the 10 ring at 7 meters. Didn't have to adjust the sights at all. May have to get my eyeglasses looked at though ... I'm near sighted and was having challenges focusing on the front sight to line up my shots ... any suggestions here would be appreciated (never had to were glasses shooting til now) . I also tried shooting at 10 meters with both eyes open and generally kept everything within 6 - 7" ... I know I'm right eye dominant ... so I was kinda surpised that I was hitting pretty much where I aimed with no sight adjustments. Overall, fun day ... forgot how much fun shooting was. PS: my 33yo son bought a Springfield Arms XDm 9MM with a 3.8" barrel ... I wouldn't say he kicked my but but his groups were noticably tighter than mine ... I believe this has to do with better eyes, younger age and pure luck ... at least that's what I am telling myself.

#2 ·
Congratulations!
I'm glad you're having a good time with that good gun.

#3 ·
Grats on the new G2 and the fine range trip.

I sure like the looks of the G2's!! I've been wanting an OSS but seeing how they are no longer being built, I won't be too unhappy to get a G2 5" in .45 when they finally show up, if I can't find the OSS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.