Taurus Firearm Forum banner

It's a happy day at Gunners house!... w/pics

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Mayonaze 
#1 ·
I received an unexpected package today! My 24/7 C D/S .40 has been on vacation in Miami for a month, and just showed up out of the blue. I had detailed my trials with this little one in another thread, I'm starting a new one because this does not deserve to be in the complaints section. This time it came back with a brand new slide and barrel that they even stamped my serial numbers on!(either that, or they found my original slide and barrel) Either way, I'm as pleased as can be! I haven't taken it to the range yet, but I'm confident it will be a great shooter once again. It was my favorite for sure...'course that was before I got my PT 1911, and my M85, and my OSS Tactical...but I'm sure I'll still love It!!

Now isn't that a pretty slide!

See less See more
#5 ·
Beautiful!

Glad for you.

#6 ·
very good!
and really thats the way she should have been from day one!
but at least all is good now!
Hope she performs well for ya!

#11 ·
NYPD® said:
Excellent!

Where did you take the course?
Other side of the world from you - Ben Avery. I took the course from FAST-AZ (FireArms Simulation Training). Lead instructor is 16 yr Phoenix PD and does certification training for Phoenix PD. They have the same simulator that many departments use for shoot-no shoot scenarios - I just took one of their simulator classes last weekend. These guys are a class act, and a great lower-cost, shorter-time alternative to Gunsite Academy. One of their instructors taught at Gunsite for several years. I've taken 4 of their courses so far, and highly recommend them to anyone in the Phoenix area. Website: http://www.fast-az.com/

#12 ·
VTB_Gunner,
I am so glad the friggin' aggravation is over.
It's always 'over-reaction' to many others............
until it happens to you !!!!
My new-never-fired 608 is on her way to Miami as I speak.
I was already instantly deemed a Taurus-hating-troll for
saying 1/100th of what you posted.......not that I give a rip.
I am still a large fan, and I am so happy for you that the
stinkin' ordeal turned out favorable for you.
----to all that criticized our brother-in-arms------
he paid a dear price, a frustrating one !!
Simple advice : Use your brain.....think before you yap.

#13 ·
@elPescador -
I gotta say I never felt any animosity from anyone on this forum. IMHO this is the most civilized gun forum on the planet. I was quite frustrated with Taurus customer service the first couple times this one went back, but felt pretty good after talking to the CS manager who called me. Overall, I am very satisfied with the service I received. It took three trips, but total elapsed time was just two months - I've certainly had repairs take longer than that with other products...that I had to pay to ship for repair.

I am a very happy customer, and continue to look to Taurus first(and so far always) when I get the itch for another handgun. 8)

#14 ·
I'm glad they made it right for you. I think it is great that they go the extra step and match the serial numbers!

#15 ·
Such a nail biter of a story. Glad it turned out well for you. Remember to tell your 24/7 that what happens in Miami stays in Miami.

#16 ·
Glad she's home and shooting well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.