Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Carrying TCP with round in chamber

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  MilProGuy 
#1 ·
New to board and this is my first CCW. They advertise as 6+1 indicating you can carry one in chamber. Without being able to "decock" this weapon is this safe to carry with a round in the chamber? Kinda loses it's effectiveness if you have to rack a round if you need it in a hurry?

#5 ·
Yep one chambered is the way to go. My every-day-carry is a Micro Desert Eagle with the same looooong DAO trigger as TCP. I feel very safe with a chambered round and the weapon in either my pocket holster or IWB holster, as both fully cover the trigger. I admit I did carry with an empty chamber for a couple of weeks at first, though. Range time and building trust in the weapon helps tremendously.

#6 ·
evild said:
Modern guns are made to be carried with one in the pipe. If your not comfortable carrying that way than don't carry. When the SHTF you will not have time to rack a round into the chamber.
And...during the adrenaline rush of a personal attack, it may be difficult / impossible to effectively chamber a round and defend yourself.

Carry the little dynamo with a round in the pipe!

The long DAO trigger pull will be a safeguard against an accidental discharge.

#7 ·
evild said:
Modern guns are made to be carried with one in the pipe. If your not comfortable carrying that way than don't carry. When the SHTF you will not have time to rack a round into the chamber.
Well, wouldn't go quite that far. I agree one should carry ready to go.. but there actually are classes on pulling and racking in one smooth flow that I was amazed at. The Israeli army is trained in it. So, if one is going to carry without a chambered round, PRACTICE racking as your pulling.... You still lose the surprise by the sound, and you may not always have other hand available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.