Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Picking up a 24/7 G2 today

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Madmodder 
#1 ·
I had the original 24/7 in 9 when they first came out. I decided to get the 40 this time. 90% of the issues with these I've seen were with the .45. I just love the way they fit my hand. And the first one I had never had any issues at all. Can't wait to get my hands on it later today. Will get some pics up, and a few reports on it as I shoot it more. Already picked up 100 round box of Winchester white box to start breaking it in. Once I get used to it, it will be part of my daily carry. And on another note hopefully they get the CCW passed soon here in WI, cause I feel better carrying concealed, but that's a whole nother thread.

Just got home a bit ago, and gun feels great. Cant wait to take it tomorrow. First thing Ive noticed, Taurus as usual has it full of crap for shipping i guess. Going to clean it in the morning. One and only other gripe so far is I can only get 14 in the Mag, not 15 like they claim, well 14 1/2 i guess, so maybe it will loosen up a bit and squeeze in that last one down the road.

will update again tomorrow after i throw some bullets thru it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Use an Uplula to put the ammo in with and you could cram 15 in! :))

#4 ·
So I put 130 rounds thru it today. Had one fail to completely eject, but this I am positive was because the one that didn't fully eject was a low power reload. I shot 30 of the reloads and 100 Winchester white box. These reloads were ALOT quieter and not even half the felt recoil. Right out of the box for the first 5-6 shots I was shooting a bit low. I did not move the adjustable sights but shot a few more clips and found my comfort spot. Out of 130 rounds only had the first 5 or so low and about 3-4 other flyers, but that was all do to me getting used to the gun ( only my 2nd handgun ) and not because of the gun itself.

#5 ·
Glad to hear things worked out. I'm always nervous about new models, until the manufacturer can get the "new" worked out. I think I'd put another 150 rounds or so down the pipe, just to make sure it's broken in, but congrats on the new pistola. :thumb:

#6 ·
My 9mm has been in Miami getting repaired for 3 weeks now. Just a note of caution, watch the back of your striker. Mine started making contact with the top of the hole in the slide cap that is why it went fro repair. I really enjoy my G2, it had 580 rounds thru it before it went in for repair and I was beginning to be a pretty good shot with it.

#8 ·
Just another FYI, I picked up a Blackhawk Serpa Holster from Gander Mtn. I was under the assumption from many other reviews of persons looking for a holster for this fairly new pistol that it wouldnt fit. The guys at Gander were most helpful and allowed me to test fit the holster first. Havent done a lot with it yet, Just getting used to it but have carried it twice and done some drawing drills at home so I can get the feel of it. Looking forward to taking some classes with the new gun and holster.

http://www.code3tactical.com/blackhawk-cqc-serpa-holster-active-retention.aspx

#9 ·
Madmodder said:
Just another FYI, I picked up a Blackhawk Serpa Holster from Gander Mtn. I was under the assumption from many other reviews of persons looking for a holster for this fairly new pistol that it wouldnt fit. The guys at Gander were most helpful and allowed me to test fit the holster first. Havent done a lot with it yet, Just getting used to it but have carried it twice and done some drawing drills at home so I can get the feel of it. Looking forward to taking some classes with the new gun and holster.

http://www.code3tactical.com/blackhawk-cqc-serpa-holster-active-retention.aspx
Thanks for the info on the holster but what model did you get? Which gun is it designed for? I bought a Serpa CQC Standard model with passive retention made to fit the USP Compact and had to do a few mods to get it functioning the way I wanted. I couldnt find one of these Level II holsters to fit anything but Glocks here.

#11 ·
Madmodder said:
says taurus 24/7 on the front of the box. They only carried 2 at Gander. Taurus 24/7 and Taurus 24/7 OSS, If it helps at all the on the back of the Holster it self and not the belt or paddle part, it says CQC Holsters Taurus 24/7 2100128
Thanks for the info. I will give that a try, they didnt have any 24/7 holsters at the LGS so I couldnt try them out. Many folks on here said they didnt think a 24/7 holster would work but you have confirmed it does. The retention works correctly? Thanks again.

#13 ·
BubbleheadNick said:
Thanks for the info. I will give that a try, they didnt have any 24/7 holsters at the LGS so I couldnt try them out. Many folks on here said they didnt think a 24/7 holster would work but you have confirmed it does. The retention works correctly? Thanks again.
Yes I've done quite a bit of drawing and getting used to it at home and it has worked 100%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.