Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Warranty

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  TexasAviator 
#1 ·
Did you guys send in your warranty card when you first purchased your weapon. The reason I am asking because the weapon has a lifetime warranty regardless who has it correct. Or do I need to send it in....Thanks

#2 ·
I never sent it. Don't quote me, but I believe what it really matters for is the NRA membership.

#5 ·
I think registering it online or sending in the card is a good idea with any gun. I quite often see gun recalls in the NRA magazines from various manufactures, I would hate to have missed on if I owned a defective gun. Registration would get you something in the mail if there was a serious problem.

#8 ·
The purpose in my mind for registering any weapon is, if a recall is made, to post the date of purchase of the weapon in advance of possibly needing to return it for repair (shipping cost), and to remove any doubt of who the first new owner was/is.
dependant on manufacture these items may come into play.
I have owned three wepaons so far that had factory recalls on them, the registration came in very handy for me.
every new weapon that i own was registered with the manufacture.
To me its like wearing a seatbelt?
why would you not do it?

#9 ·
olfarhors said:
The purpose in my mind for registering any weapon is, if a recall is made, to post the date of purchase of the weapon in advance of possibly needing to return it for repair (shipping cost), and to remove any doubt of who the first new owner was/is.
dependant on manufacture these items may come into play.
I have owned three wepaons so far that had factory recalls on them, the registration came in very handy for me.
every new weapon that i own was registered with the manufacture.
To me its like wearing a seatbelt?
why would you not do it?
I actually don't do it, you don't need it for repairs. I am against any form of firearms registration. The way I think about it is I don't want anyone having a list of what I have. I trust the manufactures and it would be nice if there was a recall to hear about it that way but I don't trust the government not to strong arm the companies into providing the lists under the guise of "security" or some other bogus charge. Private companies I trust, government no way! Just my opinion though.

#10 ·
TexasAviator said:
I actually don't do it, you don't need it for repairs. I am against any form of firearms registration. The way I think about it is I don't want anyone having a list of what I have. I trust the manufactures and it would be nice if there was a recall to hear about it that way but I don't trust the government not to strong arm the companies into providing the lists under the guise of "security" or some other bogus charge. Private companies I trust, government no way! Just my opinion though.
very well put my friend!

#11 ·
305Nole said:
very well put my friend!
[/quote

HMM! interesting!!
and so none of you guys have a concealed carry permit, or do a FFL when purchasing a firearm, or have any of your firearms insured???
I guess theres always something to be worried about if you look hard enough.

#12 ·
olfarhors said:
HMM! interesting!!
and so none of you guys have a concealed carry permit, or do a FFL when purchasing a firearm, or have any of your firearms insured???
I guess theres always something to be worried about if you look hard enough.
What does a CPL have to do with it? Maybe your state requires you to record the pistol you carry, but not here. No, i don't and have never had any firearms insured.

#13 ·
Combat said:
What does a CPL have to do with it? Maybe your state requires you to record the pistol you carry, but not here. No, i don't and have never had any firearms insured.
No my state permits the holder , not the weapon, but if one is concerned with the government taking thier weapons i would think the government is smart enough to look at all that have a permit, i mean not to many people are going to have permit that don't have a gun.
Then of course there is that nasty FFL thing and of course the government already has that, and its the big old bad Federal Government too!
yep< i believe he WAS born in Hawaii too!
i ain't to big on the conspiracy theories as you can tell!
but you go right ahead and enjoy yourself!-LOL

#14 ·
olfarhors said:
No my state permits the holder , not the weapon, but if one is concerned with the government taking thier weapons i would think the government is smart enough to look at all that have a permit, i mean not to many people are going to have permit that don't have a gun.
Then of course there is that nasty FFL thing and of course the government already has that, and its the big old bad Federal Government too!
yep< i believe he WAS born in Hawaii too!
i ain't to big on the conspiracy theories as you can tell!
but you go right ahead and enjoy yourself!-LOL
We dont register ours either. My point is just not making it easy for them, besides as far as they know all I have is my old ruger bearcart... or an old 32 colt which is so broke it won't feed but it holds sentimental value and with the cost to fix it I could buy a new Sig! If they want the info they can get it, but I will not help them! Most of my purchases come from shows and non licensed dealers mainly because I like to haggle and get a deal, or family heirlooms anyway! Not a conspiracy theorist, i just hold nothing but the highest contempt for the federal government, no matter what party is in power, I dislike them all! I'm equal opportunity that way! :) ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.