Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Ordered 24/7 Pro Compact in 45ACP

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Combat 
#1 ·
from CDNN for $317, shipped. Should be here Tuesday. I look forward to letting you all know how it goes with the new toy.

It's supposed to rain on Tuesday so I'm sure I'll get a detail cleaning and a fluff & buff done before i get to shoot it. :)

#4 ·
My new 24/7 arrived yesterday. It came well saturated with sticky, gooey cosmoline :)

I cleaned out all the sticky cosmoline and did a trigger polish already. I'm impressed with the quality and fit and finish. It's hands down better fit and finish than my millennium pro. I guess Taurus is getting better and better. :)

I also like that when removing the metal rails from the poly frame, no small parts drop out like they do with the millenniums.

I love the feel and the thicker grip is even easier to draw than my millennium.

The slide release is REALLY firm. I took it apart and polished, but I can't tell that it helped at all. Just due to the extremely strong recoil spring i guess.

Here's a couple pics of it next to my millennium pro:

#7 ·
Looks like the Milpro is no newer than a generation 2, as it has no rail. So yeah you took maybe a couple of steps forward in the production processes.

Grats on the 24/7. The handle looks more comfortable than the milpro, and just a nice looking pistol overall!!

Let us know how the first range trip goes.

#11 ·
After shopping for ammo I came to the conclusion I'd NEED to start reloading to be able to shoot this thing much. I ordered some reloading stuff from midwayusa and have taken the plunge!

I've now been to the range twice. The first time i shot 10 rounds (they were also the first 10 rounds through this new gun). Being my first time reloading i seated the bullets too deep so had 3 failure to feeds, but with a little jiggle they went right in. :)

Today i fired 35 more rounds through it. Seated the bullets to correct depth this time and had NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER! Also scored some fresh brass while at the range. :D

I just love this little gun. Seems pretty accurate so far, too. I put a group through one hole today at about 20 feet. (big hole) :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.