Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Looking at getting a 24/7 G2 9mm

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jwc007 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I am new to the boards here and I had a couple of questions about the Taurus 24/7 G2 that I figured some of you guys around here might be able to help me out with.

Question #1. Does the G2 come in more than one kind of different action ? DAO ? SAO ? Or that new DA/SA system I've been reading about ? Or all three ? I haven't been able to find any real solid info on this so I figured I'd bring it up here and see if anyone could help me out.

Question #2. I was looking at the G2 over at BudsGunShop.com (this one here actually) "http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/62656" And I was wondering if there was a typo in the listing. Because it says its a 15+1 magazine capacity and according to Taurus site the 9mm G2 only comes in 10+1 and 17+1 magazine capacities. It also says in the listing that its a "Double Action" gun. Not "Double Action Only" Just "Double Action" So I am a little skeptical that that info is accurate as well.

Allright that's all I got for now. Thanks for any help on this guys.

#3 ·
I was thinking it was a DA/SA only gun mostly because I haven't found any concrete proof that says otherwise. Other than website typo's and errors which made me question it in the first place. I knew about the .40 being a 15rd mag that's also why I figured budsgunshop.com listing had some errors in it for the 9mm.

#4 ·
Welcome to the boards Veritas Aequitas!!! The 24/7 is a great gun, hope you find it worth while and can get one and also hang around here. About the best mannered bunch of people I've seen in one place are here at TaurusArmed.

#5 ·
welcome to the forum!
you will more than likely find that Buds has several errors in its listings and pictures of the weapons as well.
there are several here that own the new G-2, i am not overly familair with that model 24/7 but I understand form what has been said here that the first round is double action, then single action afterwards.
the original 24/7 was DA only, then the pro series was Single action/Double action so they kind of reversed themselves for some reason on the G-2.

#6 ·
Veritas Aequitas said:
Hello everyone I am new to the boards here and I had a couple of questions about the Taurus 24/7 G2 that I figured some of you guys around here might be able to help me out with.

Question #1. Does the G2 come in more than one kind of different action ? DAO ? SAO ? Or that new DA/SA system I've been reading about ? Or all three ? I haven't been able to find any real solid info on this so I figured I'd bring it up here and see if anyone could help me out.

Question #2. I was looking at the G2 over at BudsGunShop.com (this one here actually) "http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/62656" And I was wondering if there was a typo in the listing. Because it says its a 15+1 magazine capacity and according to Taurus site the 9mm G2 only comes in 10+1 and 17+1 magazine capacities. It also says in the listing that its a "Double Action" gun. Not "Double Action Only" Just "Double Action" So I am a little skeptical that that info is accurate as well.

Allright that's all I got for now. Thanks for any help on this guys.
The Buds listing is incorrect. The gun is DA/SA but the first shot is DA (there is a way to make the first shot SA). It is officially 17+1 but the clips will actually hold 18 but it is tight.

#7 ·
Awesome. Thank you guys for properly informing me. I appreciate it. I emailed BudsGunShop.com about the listing for the gun 2 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten a response back yet. Now that I know that Buds listing is wrong and it is the gun I want, I guess I can go ahead and order it up. Because I haven't found it cheaper anywhere else.

#9 ·
taurustoter said:
Hello, new here as well. Was it the 24/7 series that was competing for a government contract in .45ACP? I thought I had read that somewhere. The feel of the grip on that gun is awsome.
The 24/7 OSS model was the special forces model. Taurus didn't get the contract. They have them in 45, 9 and 40. I own the 45 and it is a great gun.

#10 ·
hammick said:
The 24/7 OSS model was the special forces model. Taurus didn't get the contract.
More correctly, nobody got the contract as the testing was stopped by Congress pulling the funding for it. The .45 24/7 OSS was a finalist in the running and did very very well against the Competition.

The Brazilian Special Forces have adopted the 9mm 24/7 OSS.

I also own and operate a .45 24/7 OSS and I'll add my vote that it is a great gun!

Now, back to discussing the 24/7 G2 9mm. No more hijacking, please!

#11 ·
jwc007™ said:
More correctly, nobody got the contract as the testing was stopped by Congress pulling the funding for it. The .45 24/7 OSS was a finalist in the running and did very very well against the Competition.
Not entirely true someone was awarded the contract. Berretta was awarded a new contract last year for the Model 92, I believe another 600,000 are being bought, with options for more. I work at the base where these contracts are awarded and have a few friends that work in the Small Arms Group that was involved in the selection process.

#12 ·
BubbleheadNick said:
Not entirely true someone was awarded the contract. Berretta was awarded a new contract last year for the Model 92, I believe another 600,000 are being bought, with options for more.
The original US SOCOM Contract Competition was for a .45 ACP Service Pistol, so when that program got shelved, another contract was awarded to Beretta for those 600,000 9mm Pistols. I believe I typed precisely and in proper English!

And what part of this did you NOT understand!

jwc007™ said:
Now, back to discussing the 24/7 G2 9mm. No more hijacking, please!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.