Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Get the older 24/7 while you can.... if you can.

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Qwiks draw 
#1 ·
While doing research for another thread on Taurus pistols some things came to light.

After checking with several distributors, checking with a number of online gun stores, and some local digging it seems like the 24/7 OSS and other older 24/7 models are or have been replaced with the 24/7 G2 series in every frame size,caliber, and type.

There are for sure some places that have older stock on hand as well as gun online auction sites. Even some local places might. It does seem that the G2 series are now the go to guns.

There is nothing wrong with owning the older models or wanting them. It is nearly impossible to be able to keep abreast of all the new models much less own all the newer ones.

I am not trading all my revolvers and older Taurus pistols in for the newer ones. The need is just not there. For you other folks who want or need to, go get them! :)

The newer models do have good improvements and the line will obviously continue to be upgraded. :)

#2 ·
Qwiks draw™ said:
While doing research for another thread on Taurus pistols some things came to light.

After checking with several distributors, checking with a number of online gun stores, and some local digging it seems like the 24/7 OSS and other older 24/7 models are or have been replaced with the 24/7 G2 series in every frame size,caliber, and type.

There are for sure some places that have older stock on hand as well as gun online auction sites. Even some local places might. It does seem that the G2 series are now the go to guns.

There is nothing wrong with owning the older models or wanting them. It is nearly impossible to be able to keep abreast of all the new models much less own all the newer ones.

I am not trading all my revolvers and older Taurus pistols in for the newer ones. The need is just not there. For you other folks who want or need to, go get them! :)

The newer models do have good improvements and the line will obviously continue to be upgraded. :)
AND the gen 1 models can be had at great prices! $299.99 for both the compact and Pro in stainless from CDNN! (shipping is $18 unless your in the Abilene area to pick up locally). Not much more from gallery of guns.

#4 ·
I believe that Taurus has brought back the G-2 Long Slide!
so that takes the place of the OSS weapon I would imagine.

#5 ·
I guess that sounds possible. Wasn't the OSS different than the long slide though, being it was developed for the armed services trial thing? I guess I need to do more homework. I was sure looking at getting an OSS next.
Don't get me wrong, I do like the looks of the G2's long slide or not, just thought the OSS was built to be a different beast.

#7 ·
Ironmagz said:
Wasn't the OSS different than the long slide though, being it was developed for the armed services trial thing? I guess I need to do more homework. I was sure looking at getting an OSS next.
Don't get me wrong, I do like the looks of the G2's long slide or not, just thought the OSS was built to be a different beast.
The 24/7 OSS was basicly a long slided version of the 24/7 Pro DS with a few extra touches such as Ambi-Safety levers, Match Grade Barrel, and a Lanyard Ring. Originally developed for the cancelled JSAP Service Pistol trials, Taurus also saw fit to market it commercially. Brazilian Spec Ops adopted the 9mm version.

I own and operate a .45 24/7 OSS, and wouldn't mind having a 9mm version. I prefer the older 24/7's design, trigger action, and ergonomics, at present.

#8 ·
Dang it Quicks draw! ;)
I've been thinking this very thing for several weeks (bought my 2nd 24/7, a SS Pro 9mm, three weeks ago because I knew they are going away). You had to go and remind me again, so I went out yesterday and bought my third! :)

Bass Pro Shops had an OSS .40 S&W in Tenifer for $369.00 so I had to add it to my stable. That makes six Tauri in as many months, three just this month!! Somebody strap me down!

#9 ·
there is a few differences in the 24/7 LS and the 24/7 OSS.
MY point was that i think Taurus is going to use the G-2 long slide as a replacement for the OSS.
The OSS seems to have played out its role as the test trials were cancelled and it was not accepted as the NEW military weapon..
I personally think Taurus needs to cut out some of the fat in their lineup as to how many diferent models they make.
Unfortunately the OSS seems to be one of them.
the 369 for a tennifer finished OSS is a vey good deal, haven't seen a "Black OPPS" OSS in a while now!

#11 ·
Qwiks draw™ said:
Reallly! It's San Andreas' fault! :)
Wasn't he the second baseman for the Baltimore Orioles back in the 70's??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.