Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Williams Adjustable sights for 24/7

6K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  ninesecond95 
#1 ·
I haven't looked all that hard for a thread on this, but I thought I'd let everyone know.

Like quite a few owners of the 24/7 Pro C, my 40 shot way low and left. Putting front sight all the way left and the rear all the way right, I got centered vertically, but without corrected POA there was no way to fix horizontal POI. I called Taurus and was told to move my point of aim to cover the target to correct for elevation. That helped a little, but not near enough.
So, I picked up a set of LPA’s for a Taurus 92, did a little filing, and got on target. But it’s an ugly mod since;
the trigger block cover on the top of the slide is exposed, there's no set screw to hold the sight in place, the elevations screw is not fully engaged in the sight base, and since there was only a rear sight available, the factory front sight completely fills the rear sight aperture. That makes it difficult center the front blade.

So I started looking for adjustable for the 24/7 and found Williams.
I checked Williams' web site for any info for the 24/7. Their sight lists a new Firesight for the 24/7 Pro.
I decided to call Williams, since I've ordered "new" products from other mfg's, and the product wasn't available yet.
The new sight, Williams PN 70969, will be available next month, according to Williams. I went ahead and ordered a set, since pre-orders will be filled first. The confirmation I received stated a 7-14 day possible wait, but it will probably longer.

I mentioned LPA above. I love these after market sights. I picked up a set for my Ruger P89 brick. I used that pistol for my CHL qualifying and scored 100. Our instructor had us shoot three targets, 5 rounds each; two hand, strong side only, weak side only.
I put a set on a friends Desert Eagle .357, and he loves them (no milling luckily).

I’ve heard nothing but good about Williams sights, and was looking for some feed back from anyone who has used them.

skinner

See less See more
#2 ·
My OSS .45 shot point of aim point of impact out of the box, perfect.

My sons OSS 9mm shot low so I knocked a little off the top of the front sight with a dremmel, touched it up with some Brownells cold blue and we are back in business.

I plan on getting the Williams adjustables for both guns also.

#4 ·
Are the PT145 sight slots the same as the 24/7?

#10 ·
Anything more on this ? A couple of years ago I went to Academy to buy a Taurus 1911 and left with a 24/7 OSS, talk about whiplash. The 24/7 fit my hand better than any handgun ever(I've got freakishly big hands). With that purchase I broke all three of my handgun rules, 9mm,polymer, striker fired, always said I would not own one with any of those things.I've had my 24/7 OSS 9mm for two years now and have put up with low shooting. With Remington standard FMJ it shoots about four inches low at 25 yards and I compensate for that with POA no big deal. I recently purchased a case of Winchester 124 FMJ "NATO" at a good price intending the stuff to be practice ammo. The Winchester stuff shoots way low at 25 and about 6" low at 10 yards . With the Win I hold full on a silhouette head and tear through the neck. None of this bothers me for "carry" purposes but I love the feel of this pistol and would love to shoot it in club matches and for that I need to fix sighting issues.

#11 · (Edited)
I bought a 45 acp OSS last week. Put 100 rounds(Winchester 230 gr FMJ) in the berm Saturday, no issues other than it too is shooting 5-6" low @ 10 yards using a full sight picture.I hate having to cover my target with the front sight.Shot using different holds and even off a bag. I filed down the front sight on my 9mm and it is closer to what I need now. Still, would prefer an adjustable sight.

#12 ·
My OSS shot POA right out of the box. I installed a Novak front fiber sight and it shot POA in several IDPA matches. I ordered a OSS Tactical as a back up comp gun and ordered Novak front and rear set.. This shot high and when I compared the new fiber rear with the stock rear, the fiber was 1/16 taller. When I asked Novak about it they said they would sell me a adjustable rear for 81.00. They would not offer a refund or trade in. I called Williams and ordered an adjustable set for 59.00 and my OSS is back to POA and I have shot the last 3 IDPA with them. Great sights, Great service and they said if I was not happy they would take them back. A++ for Williams fire sights

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.