Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Trading EAA winness 45 for OSS?

670 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JCookie 
#1 ·
I am concidering selling my eaa witness and picking up an OSS in 45. Am I making a good move? I am thinking tha the OSS will compliment my 709 ( my EDC) better than the witness. What do y'all think.

#2 ·
Which witness do U have ,steel. polymer or maybe a elite. If it a poly yes , for carry than definitely. I Do have witness in wonder finish in 45. Its my home defense gun sit next to my bed in my quik safe. 45 is alot easier to control in a all steel frame. but there no way Ill carry it, I have 4 different lightweight taurus for that

#3 ·
I have both. I have two .45 Witnesses and a .45 24/7 OSS. Very different handguns in many respects. Asking me which I like better is sort of like asking me which child I love more. Can't really give you an answer on that.

My view on the .45 24/7 OSS is that it is an excellent rough and tumble handgun for serious business which has also proven very accurate. I also love it's grip!

My .45 Witnesses have served me very very well and the older blued one has been run, and run, and run, in many IPSC Matches and occasionally gets converted over to .45 Super. The newer Wonder Finish .45 Witness has been great, too! Very accurate and very reliable on both.

What I do notice is the weight as the .45 Witnesses are heavier as they are all Steel. I do find the .45 Witnesses easier to conceal.

.45 24/7 OSS

1992 Blued and 2004 Wonder Finished .45 Witnesses

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.