Taurus Firearm Forum banner

G2 Holsters

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  BlackhawkFan 
#1 ·
Are they in yet :rolleyes: I have been beating my head against a wall. Trying to find one. I would really like to start CCing my G2 comfortably, and not like some kind of gangster. :( Any guidance would be appreciated.

#2 ·
cobeezle said:
Are they in yet :rolleyes: I have been beating my head against a wall. Trying to find one. I would really like to start CCing my G2 comfortably, and not like some kind of gangster. :( Any guidance would be appreciated.
IWB or OWB? IWB I got the Desantis Sof-Tuck. OWB I got a Blackhawk Serpa CQC Standard molded for the H&K USP compact but I had to do some light mods.

Here is a link to the photos of what I did. http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?action=gallery;sa=myimages;u=17959

The Desantis I have is pretty good for a self moulding generic leather IWB holster, I soaked it down and then formed it to my pistol which was wrapped in plastic.

#3 ·
BubbleheadNick said:
IWB or OWB? IWB I got the Desantis Sof-Tuck. OWB I got a Blackhawk Serpa CQC Standard molded for the H&K USP compact but I had to do some light mods.

Here is a link to the photos of what I did. http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?action=gallery;sa=myimages;u=17959

The Desantis I have is pretty good for a self moulding generic leather IWB holster, I soaked it down and then formed it to my pistol which was wrapped in plastic.

Looking for both IWB & OWB. Didnt really want to have to make mods.

The Desantis Sof-Tuck.Was that for the USP also? That might be what I go with.

#4 ·
cobeezle said:
Looking for both IWB & OWB. Didnt really want to have to make mods.

The Desantis Sof-Tuck.Was that for the USP also? That might be what I go with.
The Sof-Tuck is pretty generic, I think they make several sizes and then you do the break in. Give them a call, I think I got the one for XDM which would be item #106NAB6Z0. They also have the Tuck-This which I almost bought because of the mag carrier built in but I decided I was going to carry SOB with a left hand holster so I could draw palm out which is very natural for me. That is the easiest way I have found to conceal the G2 under my normal clothing.

#6 ·
I gave up on trying to find holsters. While I own two Glocks, my tastes in pistols generally runs contrary to the aftermarket support crowd. And when I DO find a holster, I toss it in the pile after a few days for whatever reason.

Now I do my own out of kydex. Not professional enough to sell, but certainly robust enough for my tastes, and made to my specifications.

The great thing is if you aren't satisfied, total scrap is inexpensive, while tweeking/reforming involves a heat gun, (nomex) gloves, and simple tools as required.

Here's an example of one I did for my G2 with TLR-1, mounted on a Blackhawk belt. I plan to modify the belt loop on this one. I have a knife sheath I made for my RTAK that allows it to be slipped on/off a belt easily, but is secure once on. This holster deserves the same configuration.

#7 ·
To continue....

Here's a pushup I designed for my DB380. It sits at ~1:00, just to the right of the snap on your jeans. Tuck in your shirt and blouse it slightly to cover the butt of the pistol.

Drawing is a snap. Thumb and index finger squeeze together and the pistol is in your hand.

Scabbarding is also a snap. Once again, thumb and index finger squeeze together to securely seat the pistol.

#8 ·
BlackhawkFan said:
I gave up on trying to find holsters. While I own two Glocks, my tastes in pistols generally runs contrary to the aftermarket support crowd. And when I DO find a holster, I toss it in the pile after a few days for whatever reason.

Now I do my own out of kydex. Not professional enough to sell, but certainly robust enough for my tastes, and made to my specifications.

The great thing is if you aren't satisfied, total scrap is inexpensive, while tweeking/reforming involves a heat gun, (nomex) gloves, and simple tools as required.

Here's an example of one I did for my G2 with TLR-1, mounted on a Blackhawk belt. I plan to modify the belt loop on this one. I have a knife sheath I made for my RTAK that allows it to be slipped on/off a belt easily, but is secure once on. This holster deserves the same configuration.

I enjoy tinkering. I might give that a try. thanks Blackhawkfan. I would have never thought of actually making my own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.