Taurus Firearm Forum banner

PT 24/7 Pro C DS .45

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Knightrain06 
#1 ·
Hello everyone
I’m new to forum and from what I’ve read this seems to be a good place for answers. First off I love this gun it eats anything I put in . I planed on it being my new carry weapon but im having some problems with ejecting a live round. Cartridge hangs up no matter how fast and hard I rack the slide? And I cant stake my life on a weapon I cant clear. It has second strike capabilities but their is still a small chance of round not firing and might have to rack a new round. Also I live in Illinois and have to clear and case my gun whenever I cross state lines (hopefully not for to much longer) but none the less. Has anyone experienced this problem. Bad extractor? I know their is limited space because of compact design but it seems ridiculous to design a weapon u cant clear consistently. Any input would be appreciated thanks

#2 ·
I drop the mag and then clear the chamber through the mag well. A live round will come out the ejection port but it's tight. Also, some .45 rounds run long and those will give you more trouble. Winchester White Box tends to run so long that it'll jam in some magazines.

#4 ·
well its not pistol design, or at least if it is my to 24/7 C are designed differently than yours.
I clear chambered rounds through the ejection port in both my 9 MM and 45 ACP quite routinely, well at least anytime they go to the range as i unload the carry ammo.
additionally i do round clearing exercises with both weapons clearing snap caps and never a problem. how exactly are you trying to eject the rounds??
what do you do in other words?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.