Taurus Firearm Forum banner

17+1??

662 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Pa_Ache 
#1 ·
First trip to the range, I was just loading 15 rds in my 17 rd clips, due to the tightness, but today when my defense rounds arrived, I fully loaded 1 of them with the full 17 rds (what a fight!) Inserting the clip, I noticed a slight bit more of resistance at the end. Assuming that's normal with a full load on a new clip?

#2 ·
I noticed that with my taurus magazines, the magazines themselves actually bulge out when fully loaded. I don't use them, I ordered MecGar magazines and they go in easily and don't have that problem.

#3 ·
Pretzel said:
First trip to the range, I was just loading 15 rds in my 17 rd clips, due to the tightness, but today when my defense rounds arrived, I fully loaded 1 of them with the full 17 rds (what a fight!) Inserting the clip, I noticed a slight bit more of resistance at the end. Assuming that's normal with a full load on a new clip?
My 24/7 C .45 acted the same when new when I tried to load 12+1 or 10+1 rounds.

#4 ·
if it a new clip(mag) try too take the spring of the clip and starch it out just a bit not a lot just enough.. that work for me hope that help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.