Taurus Firearm Forum banner

new to me 24 7 pro c 9mm

762 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  dingo3497 
#1 ·
well ladies and gentlemen, i finally got to the range with my new to me 24 7 pro c 9mm ti. first thought, i like the way it fits my hand and love the trigger, nice smooth pull. the first 100 rounds were federal ammo, cheapest i can find around me @ $9 per 50 rounds. in thoes first 100 rounds of federal ammo there was 1 fail to eject and 2 double feeds. field stripped the gun and no unusual wear or debris. the second 100 rounds was winchester white box. absolutely no problems with the winchester. i LOVE this gun :) my wife has accompianed me to the range both times. she has never, well up to this point, shot a hand gun. she also loves this gun. she shoots it very well and handles it very well. proud of my little lady!! the only thing i am worried about is her trying to comandeer this gun as her own :D now the only thing that worries me about the gun is there is a bur on the slide. looking at the slide upside down with the barrel port facing away from me the bur is on the portion of the slide that meets the rails. it is right at the barrel port. should i be concerned about this?? should i take it to my gunsmith and have him file it down?? it does not seem to be any hinderance, but being that this is my main carry gun i do not want any problems down the road. thanks all :shooter:

#5 ·
congradulations!
I have one that i have owned now for well over a year, they conceal and carry well, they operate well, they have good capacity, they are accurate for self defense work and most of all they fit the hand like a glove.
IF the weapon is running good then i wouldn't worry about any small knicks or burrs!
IF it would make you feel better by doing that then by all mean do so!
If you disassemble most Taurus you will find a few bad spots, thats why they are economically priced, but where the finish and fit means something typically they are put together pretty well.
The 24/7 series has a good reputation as a very functional weapon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.