Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Ribber or checkered for CHL

761 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  olfarhors 
#1 ·
I have 2 24/7's with ribber grips. I am thinking of getting another 24/7 C for concealed carry... I really like the feel of the ribber grips, but wondering if the ribber would make it grip more when trying to pull in a defense scenerio. Anyone carry them have experience with that aspect?

#3 ·
Robby™ said:
The bummer is all new stock, 24/7 DO NOT have ribber grips. Sorry??
No, there is still old stock I see regularly with the ribber grips. In fact, gallery of guns say they have over 99 in stock.

#4 ·
evernblujeans said:
No, there is still old stock I see regularly with the ribber grips. In fact, gallery of guns say they have over 99 in stock.
If I was you I would verify that with Davidson's before agreeing to purchase. Any time your doing online purchases, it is a good idea to make sure they actually are listing the exact weapon you want to purchase.

#5 ·
I have a 24/7C with ribbers an a 24/7C without ribbers!
in all honesty I really after owning and shooting them can not tell a bit of difference in them!
i never , ever think wow this gun don't have ribbers or WOW this gun has ribbers!
to me personally it wouldn't make a bit of difference if i was buying one if it did or didn't.
course you may feel different and its your money.
the ribbers have been discontinued for quite a spell for them to still be out there.

#6 ·
olfarhors said:
I have a 24/7C with ribbers an a 24/7C without ribbers!
in all honesty I really after owning and shooting them can not tell a bit of difference in them!
i never , ever think wow this gun don't have ribbers or WOW this gun has ribbers!
to me personally it wouldn't make a bit of difference if i was buying one if it did or didn't.
course you may feel different and its your money.
the ribbers have been discontinued for quite a spell for them to still be out there.
Thanks! Saw them in the case at Academy in Abilene a few weeks ago... My real question is would the ribber slow down a draw from concealment over the non ribbered.

#7 ·
I've got to agree with the old fireman - I've got both, and when I'm shooting, I never really think about the difference between polymer and ribber. The 24/7 has an awesome feel with either one. As far as the ribber slowing your draw, I highly doubt it, the grip is outside any holster I've ever seen and the rubber could only help in your initial grip of the gun...

#8 ·
Yea, I don't really understand the slow you draw down question actually, thats why i didn't address it.
even with the Ribber its just a thin flexiable addition to the grip, kind of a raised area.
I guess if you carried the gun in a shoulder holster that it could possibly pull on your shirt as you drew it, but then again i would also think the ribber would be inside your hand and not exposed to the material??
anyway perhaps a more indebt explaination of the question will help, i may be missing the boat.
I normally carry my 24/7C with the ribber in a IWB holster and have noticed no ill effects removing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.