Taurus Firearm Forum banner

slide rattle in OSS 9

978 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  evernblujeans 
#1 ·
The other day I took my OSS apart to look at the recoil spring. While messing with it, I noticed the slide has some up and down play at the front of the gun. When the gun is together and the slide is in battery, you can shake the gun while holding the grip. It sounds like the slide is flopping up and down at the muzzle end. Granted it only moves a fraction of an inch, not sure exactly how much. But I don't remember if it has been that way in the past or not. I shot 100 rounds through it yesterday without any problem. Should I be concerned or not? My pt145 doesn't have any slip in it.

#2 ·
Nope, not to worry. Mine does too as well as my 24/7 pro.

#3 ·
Neither my .45 24/7 OSS or my 9mm 24/7 Pro do that. ( I just checked!)

Not sure whether it's something to worry about or not, as I would have to examine your Pistol. Is the Aluminum Frame inside the Polymer Sub-Frame loose?

#5 ·
If your talking about what I think you are, virtually all lock-breeched firearms do that. They don't "lock up" until fired. I have been on various forums enough to see that question raised on all makes of semi's. Google "is slide rattle normal" and you will see scores asking the question, with the general response being "yes."
ie, http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071115120803AAQxmtH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.