Taurus Firearm Forum banner

What recoil guide rod is similar to this?

714 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  youngandfree 
#1 ·
I have an OSS 9mm that I am looking to get a stiffer recoil spring and guide rod for. I don't have much experience with other makes and models of guns to find something similar that will work. First if anyone knows definitely what the factory recoil spring weight is would be a huge help. I think I have deduced that it is around 16lbs similar to a fullsize 1911. It is definitely lighter than the factory PT145. I have modified a Block 36 guide rod and used a 19 lb spring for the 145 thanks to dbeardslee. I haven't test fired it yet but will this sunday. So does anyone know of a similar sized recoil guide rod and spring that I can get in the OSS to gain about 2lbs to soften up the recoil a bit? I am going to order a spring kit for my revolver from Wolff and wanted to try to get this figured out first to add to the order.

The factory OSS guide rod measures 4.25 inches using a standard ruler. Here is a pic to show what it looks like. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.