Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Taurus 24/7 compact vs Glock 26

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MilProGuy 
#1 ·
Anyone have any thoughts on a comparison?

#2 ·
Have not handled a 26, but handled a 27. Same idea, baby glock. The 24/7c has a grip that I can get all of my fingers on, the 27 my pinky hung off. Not sure on the # of rounds difference. I recently thought about picking up a 26, but its hard to rationalize with having a 24/7c. I like the manual safety and i love the decocker. Helps insure that no accidents happen. I know, keep the finger off the trigger and the gun shouldn't go off, true, but just look at the thread posted a few days ago about the ND with the glock 19 from the holster. The trigger pull, IMO, is much better on the glocks though. Both my taurus have a lot of "squishiness". My compact's DAO took a lot of getting used to compared to my full size.

#3 ·
I have 2 of the 24/7 Pro C. So I am alittle bias. I also have shot the Glock 26 and Glock 27. I am a safety on a gun person. The Glocks are alittle to small a grip for me as well. I have no problem with the trigger pull on either one, but the manual safety is what tipped the scale for me. I practice taking it off on the draw and have had zero problems in doing so.

#5 ·
I would not be comfortable with a high-powered semi-automatic pistol that does not have a manual safety...so my money is own the 24/7 Pro Compact. (I own one in .45 and it is awesome!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.