Taurus Firearm Forum banner

A question and story for you guys from a new guy.

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Rick5 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I'm new to this forum and have a question: Does Taurus send you a letter about your repair even if you sent it through the dealer from which you bought it?

I sent my 24/7 OSS 9mm in for repair on March 10, 2011 through Bass Pro Shops/Outdoor World and they included my address on their form they sent with the gun. According to the FedEx tracking Taurus received it on March 14, 2011. It is now March 23 and I have not received anything from Taurus yet about my gun.

Some backstory: I bought the gun on March 1. Picked it up on March 8. Degreased and lubed it on March 9. Shot it on March 10. I put 100 rounds of Federal 115gr FMJ through it and had somewhere around 15 FTE (stovepipes) and several instances of a cartridge getting caught on the feed ramp at about a 45 degree angle. The mags were really stiff (sent one back with the gun). Two mags dropped out of the gun during the 14th or 15th round. A few times the slide did not lock back after the last round. At the end of my session there was excessive wear on the top of the barrel's crown(? shiny part at the ejection port; forgive me, for I'm a noob and I am not sure if that's the proper term). It seemed like the barrel and slide were scraping/hitting each other.

Did I get a lemon? I really loved the way the gun felt and shot and I'm really hoping to get it back fixed the first time. I'm afraid that with all the problems I had they will not be able to fix them all during the first go. Thanks in advance for the input. :'(

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum from central Ohio. I have never had to use Taurus CS but from what I've been reading, you should have nothing to worry about. I believe they send a form back with the repaired firearm showing what was done to fix the problem.

#4 ·
Thanks, deuce. I'm confident that Taurus will make it right, but I'm hoping it doesn't take several trips. The 24/7 is one good-looking handgun and I want to keep it, especially since this is my first handgun.

On a side-note: I just checked the Taurus repair status page and it says the repair is in progress! :) Thanks for the tip Taurus10. It has been stuck on waiting for repair for the last week and a half. This forum is already bringing me good luck! Maybe I won't have to wait too long.

#5 ·
Atta boy!

Yeah, I know that waiting on the factory is a pain. I was happy that I got my mil-pro back in only twelve days. The trip was really worth it, for I have a really good-shootin' gun now. Tell us how long it took for you and how well you like the results.

My 24/7 has been good from the start. Something really superior will have to come along to make me sell or trade it off.

#6 ·
CS has improved a lot and the gun you sent in is one of the better models that they sell. I think you will be happy with what you get back.

Welcome and just jump right in make sure you read the FAQs and stickies and the Guidelines so you will be up to par with the group. It will also make it easier for you. As you become a great new new member. :)

#7 ·
Thanks, 45. I'll check out the FAQs and update this thread as things progress.

Oh! Before I forget, I wanted to mention that I took my NRA safety course and will be applying for my concealed weapons license next Wednesday at a local licensing office here in Florida. They say it takes about two weeks to receive the license. I am looking into a smaller pistol for CC and will consider a Taurus TCP or compact 24/7. I'm glad to say that soon I will be fully realizing my rights under the 2nd Amendment.

#8 ·
I can tell you that I "have" and "haven't " received letters from Taurus with several repairs. Not sure why, but in all cases the pistol came back fairly quickly. The web site is good, but not very accurate. I just checked on my pistol that is there for repair and its status went from "repair in progress" to "firearm arrived waiting for repair." I have never been able to catch it when it says "repair completed" or "firearms shipped." My "assumption" is it its shipped and I should get a call telling me someone needs to be present to sign for it!
Congratulations on going for your NRA training course and for applying for a CFP. Both are worthwhile ventures. Nothing better than exercising a right that so few understand, yet means so much to all our freedom! Good luck and happy shooting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.