Taurus Firearm Forum banner

OSS Trigger

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  TexasAviator 
#1 ·
I have about 3000 rounds through my OSS .45 now and the only thing I could fault with it was the trigger and it was not bad, just heavier than I like.

I decided to shoot it today and while cleaning it tonight I would buff up the trigger parts some. After about 50 rounds this afternoon something good happened! All of a sudden the trigger got much lighter. At first this worried me. I thought something may have broken or something but after another 100 rounds it was still good and light and functioning correctly.

The trigger has always been smooth but just slightly heavy in SA mode but now it is about exactly as I want it. While cleaning the gun earlier I didn't see anything out of place or broken and it functions as it always has.

I know that triggers usually get better over time but this one just got good almost at once. I'll keep my eyes on things for a bit but I don't think anything is wrong. Maybe it had a burr and it finally wore/broke off.

#2 ·
It's sure nice when things fall into place. I appreciate your concern over the sudden trigger improvement, but your thought about a burr may be on the money. Whatever the reason, hoorah.

#4 ·
I just traded for a OSS in a 9mm. It only had about 100 rounds through it when I got it. I was amazed at how light the DA and SA trigger is. I have a 24/7 pro with a good trigger but this thing is amazing at how light the trigger pull is and the reset is so short and quick. I love this OSS. Ghost

#5 ·
It's always alarming when things just happen suddenly with a firearm! If it still worked after 100+ rounds I would think you are probably right about the burr. If you want to play it safe, have a smith look at it, if they don't do anything it shouldn't cost all that much for piece of mind... just my opinion though.

#6 ·
Did you maybe hit the De-cocker Safety and put it into single action?

#7 ·
Did you maybe hit the De-cocker Safety and put it into single action?
No. I was already shooting in SA mode.

#8 ·
If you want to play it safe, have a smith look at it, if they don't do anything it shouldn't cost all that much for piece of mind... just my opinion though.
My mind is at peace on this. I like it better now whatever happened. I'll take it out again in a day or so and shoot it some more but I'm confident it is OK.

I'm not a smith but this ain't my first firearm by any means and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

#9 ·
k4swb said:
My mind is at peace on this. I like it better now whatever happened. I'll take it out again in a day or so and shoot it some more but I'm confident it is OK.

I'm not a smith but this ain't my first firearm by any means and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.
It is amazing what you can do after a night in a Holiday inn express! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.