Taurus Firearm Forum banner

looking for advice, 24/7 pro 40 cal

770 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MilProGuy 
#1 ·
Hey guys, newbi here, looking to trade a buddy for a couple of his handguns, a s&w 686 357 mag, and a taurus 24/7 pro, .40 cal...the smith shoots great, however the 24/7 seems to shoot a little erratic, even off the bench and a steady rest, 10 shot group is 2 inches wide, and 3 inches top to bottom..at 7 yds :-\ I love the guns feel, and have had no ftf or fte after 200 or so rounds. surely this gun should shoot better than this?! seems to have been shot an awful lot, ribber grip is pretty much history...barrel seems ok, i cleaned it all real well, but didnt seem to help. any input would be appreciated!

#2 ·
What brand ammo? I have the same gun & it outshoots my SR9c. 2" groups at 10 yds.

#4 ·
Yes they are a very nice handling gun. I try to stay with 180 gn. I reload so I can make some nice soft plinking loads. I,ve used Win with no prob but not Monarch. Those sites can be hard to get used to. Mine has Novak 3 dot.

#5 ·
Please don't interpret this as an insult, but I've found that familiarization with any given handgun improves my accuracy with it.

I'd advise you to ask your buddy to let you take it out to the range a few more times...get to know it "up close and personal", and then see if the accuracy issues improve.

Good luck!

PS:

I have an OSS and a 24/7 Pro C DS, and they are both GREAT shooters!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.