Taurus Firearm Forum banner

24/7 OSS .40 slide locks back on next to last round

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Skinner 
#1 ·
My 24/7 OSS slide locks back on the next to last round almost every time. I have probably put about 200 rounds though it. I did clean all the packing grease out of before I first shot it. Anyone else have this problem?

#2 ·
Re: 24/7 OSS .40 slide locks back on next last round

I do have a question? Does this happen with both of your magazines. I think tha it might be a magazine problem. You might want to labe them with the # 1 and #2. Just take some masking tape and place it on the bottom of the magazine and that way you can tell if that could be your problem. A friend of mine was having a simular problem. He solved it by whaking the bottom of both magazines with hsi hand after inserting them. I hope this will be of some help. Ghost

#3 ·
I just shot it again today. On one magazine the slide locks back and leaves one round in the magazine. The second magazine will jam on the last round. It ejects the fired round and the new one doesn't feed. Should I see if they'll send me two new magazines?

#5 ·
Buy some dummy rounds and examine the problem with them. When the slide locks back with a dummy still in the mag, look at the slide catch and what in the mag is lifting it up. Maybe there is some dirt in there? Maybe something that should be filed off from the plastic follower. Or some rough edge in the slide catch.

Have you disassembled and cleaned the magazines? Do not use lube in mags ever, it only gathers dust and causes malfunctions.

#7 ·
mark_m said:
I didn't clean the old ones yet but I did buy some mags I found on sale and they work fine.
Fully disassemble and clean them (one by one) and re-test them, then let us know if that fixed things.

Magazines, like the rest of the handgun, need to be cleaned periodically.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.