Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Ribber grips

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  jwc007 
#1 ·
I have seen complaints that the 24/7 no longer has ribber grips. However I was in Academy this week and saw a 24/7 C 9mm with them. Is it just old stock, or has Taurus returned to those?

#4 ·
Thining of getting one to put back for later.... not sure I like the looks of the G2! I have an OSS without ribber grips, and I much prefer my 24/7 PRO and C that have the ribber grips.

#5 ·
evernblujeans said:
Thining of getting one to put back for later.... not sure I like the looks of the G2! I have an OSS without ribber grips, and I much prefer my 24/7 PRO and C that have the ribber grips.
When I got my .45 24/7 OSS, I sort of missed the Ribber Grips that are on my 9mm 24/7 Pro, so I installed a rubberized full size Hogue Handall Sleeve Grip on the .45 24/7 OSS. Made all the difference in the world and I love it even more!

#6 ·
A 24/7 can benefit from a rubber grip. I just bought a gun from another brand and found it a more comfortable handful. The 24/7 is so nice to shoot that I'm going to add a rip of some kind.

#7 ·
I have a 24/7 Pro D/S with the true ribber grip and a 24/7 pro D/S without the ribber grip.
when i first got the one without the ribber i thought that i much preferred the ribber grip, after owning and shooting them both for while actaully I can tell no difference in them, they really feel and shoot about the same .
same with my 24/7 OSS i never think about the ribber not being on it??
I don't think Taurus has offered the ribber for about 14-18 months now???

#9 ·
I have a 24/7 9mmLS which is about 4 years old. It came with the ribbers
and I am afraid I will not buy another 24/7 unless I can get them.

Well thats not completely true but I do hope I can get a G2 with them.

#12 ·
mike145 said:
No. I think there all polly now.
Ah, yep!
they are polymer now, actually i would need to go out to the truck to check on mine with the Ribber grip (and its dark outside and I am afraid of Zombies) but I think that the older Ribbers were polymer as well ,but had the rubberized RIBBER grip added to the poly?
someone jump in here and corect me if i am wrong, old men have bad memories!
Plus i have become so use to both 24/7c's that just don't pay any attention to the grip any longer.

#13 ·
I have a 24/7 Pro DS .40 with the "new" polymer grip, and my 24/7 Pro C DS .40 has the ribber grip. I prefer the polymer one. It fits my hand perfectly and seems to give me a more natural hold on the gun. I vote for polymer. Would this mean my Pro C is an older gun than my full size ( both purchased within last few months) , and by how much?

#14 ·
More than likely the ribber model is the older. there seemed to be a cross over time when they stopped the ribber grip and went to the regular poly grip, I would imagine that they just used up what ribbers that thye had and then went to the poly grip.
I found out (was informed) that the 45 cal 24/7 never came with a ribber, which i did not know.
course you can run the serial number through the Tauurs website to get the "born on" date for your pistols.

#15 ·
olfarhors said:
I found out (was informed) that the 45 cal 24/7 never came with a ribber, which i did not know.
Very True! Only the 9mm/.40 Frame had the Ribber Grips and only up to the end of the 24/7 Pro versions. All 24/7 Pro DS models had the Polymer Grip Frame. Some of the 24/7 Pro DS Compacts had/have Ribber Grips on them.

While I like my 24/7 Pro's Ribber Grip, if I got a new 9mm 24/7 Pro DS model I would just go with a Hogue Handall Rubber Stretch On Grip as I did with my .45 24/7 OSS. Should work on the G2 as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.