Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Fail to eject - OSS DS 9mm

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  24/7™ 
#1 ·
I literally just bought this taurus about 2 hours ago and took it out back to shoot....and it failed to eject ALL 12 rounds???

Did I just buy a lemon or is this an isolated incident?

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum!

I would ask if you gave the pistol a deep cleaning and removed all the white, *****, cosmoline packing medium that Taurus preserves their guns with on their trip up from South America.

If you haven't, that is likely your problem.

When I bought my first Taurus pistol about fifteen months ago, I didn't realize that the pistol needed a thorough cleaning before being fired...and, the first few rounds jammed up and wouldn't eject or feed. Once I gave it a thorough cleaning, it has performed flawlessly.

Once you get that OSS up and running, you'll have a big cheesy grin on your face that will make everyone around you wonder what you've been up to! :D

#9 ·
well certainly i agree with these guys about the importance of throughly cleaning any weapon and inspecting it prior to using it.
Taurus as its produced over seas is throughly packed with grease as a precaution against rust so a good cleaning is generally in order.
But failure of all 12 rounds to eject is pretty bad.
of course the thorough cleaning is the best and easiest first step to determine if that is the problem.
If it isn't then give a better description of what is happening:
you say it fails to eject? but does it also fail to extract or does it extract but not eject (clear) the spent round from the gun?
extraction and failure to eject is different than failure to extract from the chamber.
The 24/7 D/S OSS is a military designed weapon specifically developed to compete in military test trials, so it should actually function on just about any weight 9mm cartridge reliabally.
its design was for the standard or NATO power 124 grain projectile however.
MY 24/7 D/S OSS in 45 acp will run just fine on 185, 200 , and 230 grain ammo.
If you don't get it running on all (9 cylinders) give us more info to help you with it.

#19 ·
Swami predicts they will need to adjust extractor.... I had to send a new OSS back for that last year. They adjusted it, and I was good to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.