Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Another 199 rounds thru the G2

970 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  radboss 
#1 ·
Had another great range trip this morning at the local PD range. Shot 199 rounds with no problems except my accuracy seemed off. Last weekend I shot CCI Blazer and they did seem more accurate, or I should say there was a definite difference in the rounds. The WWB seemed to shoot lower and not as consistent as the CCI. I had adjusted the sights so I was shooting COM last weekend with pretty good but not great groupings, today I was once again low but windage was good. I had the range master come over and watch me and he said he didnt see anything as far as grip or stance. I will try the CCI next time and see if I am correct in the accuracy difference between the 2 brands. Its hard not to get the WWB though for the cheap price. I cant find CCI cheap around here at all, the LGS wants $15.99 per 50 for the Blazer Brass they dont even have any of the aluminum casing.
The 1 round I didnt get to shoot was a defective WWB round that was pressed into the case at an angle. The G2 performed flawless, finally got to do rapid fire and I was more accurate doing that than slow aimed fire.
Also the Blackhawk holster for the H&K USP Comp worked good, thinking I need to trim the side a little though. They rub on the mag release, which makes me worry about an accidental drop of the mag.
The gentleman on the lane next to me had the FNH 5.7 and he let me try that out. What a fun round to shoot, accurate with no recoil. Too bad the ammo and pistol are out of my price range.

See less See more
#3 ·
How does your trigger pull feel on the G2? I just got mine and am still getting used to it. I have put 350 rounds through it since Thursday. My initial impression is very positive. I have a PT92 so a very different firing mechanism and feel that I am used to.

Question: does your trigger have any kind of catch or hesitation right before point of firing? I was trying to slow down my trigger-pull to a squeeze and noticed that right before reaching the point of firing it catches slightly. It is right before the striker pin reaches its most posterior position. Trying to see if I need to clean a spot I missed or lube it better but I spent a long time cleaning/lubing before first use and after each use thereafter.

Thanks!

#4 ·
radboss said:
How does your trigger pull feel on the G2? I just got mine and am still getting used to it. I have put 350 rounds through it since Thursday. My initial impression is very positive. I have a PT92 so a very different firing mechanism and feel that I am used to.

Question: does your trigger have any kind of catch or hesitation right before point of firing? I was trying to slow down my trigger-pull to a squeeze and noticed that right before reaching the point of firing it catches slightly. It is right before the striker pin reaches its most posterior position. Trying to see if I need to clean a spot I missed or lube it better but I spent a long time cleaning/lubing before first use and after each use thereafter.

Thanks!
Actually I think you may want to read my complaint. And then watch your striker to make sure it isnt making contact with the top of the hole in the slide cap.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=49434.0

#6 ·
Just a quick follow up. I ended up giving it another cleaning and oiling and that seemed to smooth things out (probably that and needing to give it a break-in period). I did have to adjust the sights slightly as it was shooting about an inch to the left. I have not had a chance to put a lot of range time in lately. I only put 50 rounds through it once the sights were adjusted. I will try to put another 150-200 through it and report back. One thing I have noticed is that the spent cartridges tend to expel straight back at me. Any thoughts on this?

#7 ·
radboss said:
One thing I have noticed is that the spent cartridges tend to expel straight back at me. Any thoughts on this?
That has not happened to me. Mine fly high and way right if anything, I know I saw a thread somewhere that someone was having their brass fly straight back. Was it with several brands of ammo? If it happened with only one brand try another, if it does it consistently then I would give Taurus a call. That could be an issue with the extractor possibly??? There are alot more knowledgeable people on here than me. Do a search for brass flying straight back and you may find some info.

#9 ·
radboss said:
I actually changed ammo today and put 200 rounds through with no issues. Thanks for the response!
What ammo did you switch from? What are you using now? Mine has gone thru 580 rounds of WWB fine but its just seems like my pistol is very dirty after only 200 rounds. I picked up some Federal FMJ at the local Wally World for $10.47 a box which is not much more than the WWB. I plan on giving the Federal a try once my gun gets back from its vacation in Miami.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.