Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Found a Kydex for my G2

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Foxtail207 
#1 ·
          Just wanted G2 owners to know that I finally found a kydex holster to fit the G2.  Picked up the Blackhawk Standard CQC built for the H&K USP Comp item # 415509BK-R .  It fits good with no mods so far.  I do have to give it a good push to seat it all the way down, even if I do that it draws easily though.  It has good retention and doesnt appear to be rubbing anywhere too hard.  Most of the retention pressure is on the rail and trigger guard from the looks of it, I turned it upside down and gave it a good shake and the pistol did not move at all.  I may heat the trigger guard area up so it will seat easier, that will come later though.  Right now I am happy to have a holster that fits good.
            I spent about 45 minutes trying a bunch of different Blackhawk and Fobus holsters on the G2.  The other option that fit was the Fobus SP11, it seemed to be rubbing harder on the top edges of the slide so I was worried about wear.  Though with a little heat that may be solved.  Plus the SP11 was only a paddle and the Blackhawk has a belt and paddle mount.  I probabluy overpaid at $27.50 but I wanted a holster for tomorrow.
           Heading to the local PD range in the morning to run another 200-300 rounds through the G2.  On another note I went to one of our Wal-Marts tonight and found that particular one doesnt carry pistol ammo any more.  Luckily I have 2 others to pick from and I know they carry it.

See less See more
#3 ·
kenbog2 said:
I also tried blackhawk cqc, my g2 did not fit in H&K USP comp, but it did fit in one made for Springfield XD with no mods. Go figure. ;)
I modded the one for the USP Comp and mine fits like a glove. Another G2 owner on here bought a Blackhawk made for the 24/7 Pro and the G2 fit great he said. I believe it was the level 2 with the release button. I was going to try the XD holster when I bought mine, but they didnt have any at the store just all glocks and this HK.
Are you likeing the G2 pretty good. Mine has about 750 rounds through it now and I like it more and more each time I shoot. Now I just need to get more accurate.

#4 ·
Only ran one clip so far, to see if was on. don't belong to any range, but can shoot in backyard. Bought it for piece of mind bowhuntig in northern WI. Got treed once by a bear, also have wolves in area. Love the look of the gun, saw it when i was at cabelas, was the only G2 they had.hope to shoot it more soon.

#6 ·
I have the same holster (but LEFT HAND) that was bought for my 24/7 OSS 45acp. It was supposed to fit (so the ebay store said) but not quit in reality.

I had to do a lot of mods to it to get an acceptable fit and release. The OSS 45 has a high ramp front sight and that was a problem. I did some interior filing at the open end of the holster to get the sight to slide out better. The trigger guard area was also a major problem. I had to totally remove the "spring" mechanism to let the trigger guard go further into the holster cavity, and then file some on the interior in that area. The release lever was very hard to release without a lot of interior work around the trigger guard. When I got it close I just continuously jammed the pistol in, release it, and so forth ... over and over and over. It works pretty well now and the release lever is much more sensitive now. Before all the alterations, I had to use two fingers to release it.
, now it releases normally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.