Taurus Firearm Forum banner

a question for other g2 owners

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  hammick 
#1 ·
I picked up my g2 a couple weeks ago. Ran 300 rounds through and the thing is sweet. Minus the backstraps with no holes. It wasnt too hard to drill them out though. My question is if you look just above yhe slide release there is enough space on mine to actually see the yellow top of the magazine. I could probably slide a penny through the gun. I am just curios if they are all like this. Does anyone know. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
kfrazier1979 said:
I picked up my g2 a couple weeks ago. Ran 300 rounds through and the thing is sweet. Minus the backstraps with no holes. It wasnt too hard to drill them out though. My question is if you look just above yhe slide release there is enough space on mine to actually see the yellow top of the magazine. I could probably slide a penny through the gun. I am just curios if they are all like this. Does anyone know. Thanks in advance.
Mine has the same gap.  Guess that is normal, shouldnt impact performance.  Did you have to adjust your sights at all?  Did you get teh correct S, M, L backstraps? I only got a large and 2 XLs which had no holes. I contacted Taurus 2 weeks ago and they are supposed to be in the mail.

#3 ·
I was shooting low. Got it zeroed in though. Mine came with l, xl,xxl. The large was yhe only one with a hole in it. I drilled the other two myself. I called taurus and i also have been waiting two weeks. I also have one mag. Thay wont release everytime when empty. They saidbcall back in a few weeks as they dont have mags in yhe u.s yet. Customer service was good about everything, just seems like i should have new backstraps already. Other than those few things it shoots great. The guy next to me at the range shot it, looked it over,went and shot his glock, then came back to shoot it again.

#6 ·
kfrazier1979 said:
I'll look at mine later tonight but I think it does have that gap.

#7 ·
Mine was just delivered to my local FFL. I inspected it but can't take home until next week. (FL waiting period law). I didn't notice this but will take a closer look when I pick it up to take home.

#8 ·
kfrazier1979 said:
Does anyone have an idea where to get a holster? Even if it has to be modified a bit. Let me know
Just my 2 cents...
I suspect that a 24/7 holster would fit the G2 since they are basically the same (from what I can see). I am currently looking for a holster to fit my PT 840. Called gunners alley (gunneralley.com) and they said a lot of their 840 customers have gotten a holster for a 24/7 and have no problems with the fit. Im looking @ getting a Don Hume (H715MWC) for the 24/7. I will give a fit/function update when it comes in.

#9 ·
Navyrt said:
Just my 2 cents...
I suspect that a 24/7 holster would fit the G2 since they are basically the same (from what I can see). I am currently looking for a holster to fit my PT 840. Called gunners alley (gunneralley.com) and they said a lot of their 840 customers have gotten a holster for a 24/7 and have no problems with the fit. Im looking @ getting a Don Hume (H715MWC) for the 24/7. I will give a fit/function update when it comes in.
Amodel specific 24/7 holster doesnt come close to fitting the G2, I tried the Blackhawk holsters made for the 24/7 and just about every other pistol. The only Blackhawk that fit was for the H&K USP Comp and the Fobus SP11 which is a pretty generic kydex. There are quite a few differences in the dimensions between the 2 guns, the G2 is bigger than most of the 24/7 models it wouldnt even fit holsters made for the OSS.

#10 ·
For the 24/7 G2, also check the Fobus HK-2 Evolution style holster. It's the Holster Fobus recommends for the 24/7 OSS, but it might actually fit the G2 better as the trigger guard shape on the HK-2 looks like it's shaped more for the G2.

#11 ·
jwc007™ said:
For the 24/7 G2, also check the Fobus HK-2 Evolution style holster. It's the Holster Fobus recommends for the 24/7 OSS, but it might actually fit the G2 better as the trigger guard shape on the HK-2 looks like it's shaped more for the G2.
Not sure if it would work, the trigger guard is very close in shape. There might be some lights mods required just like I did on my Blackhawk, specifically just forward of the trigger guard where the rail blends in with the frame. I had to dremel the inside of the holster a bit and heat it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.