Taurus Firearm Forum banner

600 rounds since last cleaning my OSS 9

550 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MilProGuy 
#1 ·
Last Sunday, I put another 100 rounds in my OSS since I last cleaned it. I haven't had any failures of any kind. I usually run 2 mags at a time as fast as I can pull the trigger. It's been flawless. I am hoping to get to 1000. I would not expect any less from a military grade fighting gun. I'll keep you posted how it goes from here. Granted I haven't thrown it down in the dirt or anything, but have just wiped down the outside of the gun. Maybe when I get to 1000, I might throw it in some dirt and put it to the real test.

#2 ·
Ah, the exhuberance of a youthful shooter! :shooter: :shooter: :shooter: :shooter: :shooter: :shooter:

Me, being an old goat, I have this irrepressible compulsion to come straight in from shooting and clean my weapon the same day. Hey, don't laugh...I'm retired, and it gives me something to do! :D

(P.S.~~I'm still having a love affair with my 24/7 OSS .45 ACP!) :rolleyes: ;D

#3 ·
I'm with you on cleaning my PT145 and Bersa 22. They do get cleaned as soon as I get home, unless it is just 50 rounds or less. But since the OSS isn't a carry piece, I am going to see how long it will go. I do usually load up the mags when I tuck it away just in case the SHTF and I need to grab my extra firepower.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.