Taurus Firearm Forum banner

new laser for 25 bucks shipped

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  frankjg 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Sandman 11 is that the one that is advertised on here? The one with the silver metal touch on off? Do you have it mounted on a full or compact? What type holster do you carry in? I am interested in it as with the NCStar I have mounted on my full size DS 45 I cannot find a decent holster for range carry or even CC with a jacket. Also how did you sight yours? Been trying to come up with a good way. Thought using a mirror and putting it about 10 - 15 yards and adjusting until red dot in center of barrel opening.

#6 ·
Congrats just so you know NCStar is a company thats a hit or mis kinda optic either you get a great one or a dud. Hope you get a good one.

#7 ·
Bought one of these at a local gun show, works pretty good, nice range and bright light.. ONE PROBLEM.. after a few rounds the adjusters would move and there was no telling where the strike was going to be. I took clear fingernail polish and "glued " the adjustments in place. I also learned the center screw holds the laser in the bracket and the 2 outer screws hold the laser to the rail. Its great for the house gun especially at night in the dark!!! I take it off for range shooting.

Diverdown87--- I use a sightmark laser, its magnetic and sticks on the barrell Its very handy for adjusting sights and lasers. works on most long and handguns...
http://www.opticsplanet.net/yukon-sightmark-triple-duty-universal-laser-boresight.html

#8 ·
Yes , I took a target and put it at one end of my hallway taped to a door, Then i set up a coffee table bench rest, I covered the target with the sights and made my adjustments. went to the range and they were perfect. still working on my shooting technique. i have a Itak paddle however now it won't work. going to get a tac drop leg holster. CC permits in NJ are almost non existent ...

Attachments

#9 ·
I have two of the NcStar lasers, the ones with the red button on the rear for activation.

One is on my 24/7 OSS 45 and the other on a OSS 9mm and both work very well and hold calibration after several hundred rounds. Really like the button as I can turn off/on with my left thumb during firing.

Also paid $25 dollars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.