Taurus Firearm Forum banner

What am I getting with my new guns?

2K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Taurus10 
#1 ·
OKAY :D Only one more layaway payment and both of my new 24/7's will be in my grubby little hands.

Not sure what mags come with the guns.

The 24/7 .45 cal OSS Model. Comes with TWO mags (I hope). What? 12 rds. each?

The 9mm 24/7 has a mag capacity of 17 rds. Does it come with TWO 17 rd. mags?

My 9mm 24/7 Pro came with one 17 rd mag and one 10 rd mag.???

My .40 cal 24/7 came with two 15 rd mags.

All my 9mm mags will interchange...........Right?

#3 ·
Taurus10 said:
Yep, except that the compact mags can't fit the 4" 24/7. Each Taurus 24/7 and 24/7 C comes with 2 mags. The compact pistols come with 1 compact mag and 1 extended mag. My 24/7 C 9mm came with one 13rd mag and one 17rd mag.
Exactly my situation. You mean the mags from my current 9mm won't work in the new 4 inch model???????

#6 ·
Rottiejake said:
My 9mm 24/7 Pro came with one 17 rd mag and one 10 rd mag.???
Now I'm confused. Do you have a 24/7 C (compact) or is it just a 4" 24/7 but came with one 10rd mag and one 17rd mag? If it's a 24/7 C, only the extended 17rd mag will fit the 4" 24/7. If it's a 4" 24/7, the 10rd mag has the same length as the 17rd mag but with a thicker floorplate so it should also work for your new 24/7.

#8 ·
OK, whos on first?-LOL
the only Taurus 24/7 that comes with an odd ball magazine or a different capacity magazine is the c models (compacts) the capacity will be determined by the caliber!
all 24/7 mags will fit all 24/7's of the same caliber EXCEPT the compact shorty magazine will not fit anything except A compact.
its to short to lock up in the full size weapon.
if you have a spacer on a compact magazine then its not a shorty magazine.
due to the shorter grip on the compacts the regular capacity magazines have a spacer to take up the extra space between the bottom of the grip and the bottom of the magazine.
again the compact shorty mgazine is the only odd ball magazine in the 24/7 lineup.
to my knowledge except for the compact models the 24/7 comes with two identical size/capacity mags.
hope this explains it.
I understand that the NEW G-2 model magazines WILL NOT interchange with older model 24/7's.

#11 ·
I think someone is bragging that they understand. Oh, shame on me.

I was surprised to learn that the 17rd mag from my 24/7 fits the pt-111, but not vice versa. (Too short)

Terrible, ain't it?

#12 ·
bre346 said:
I think someone is bragging that they understand. Oh, shame on me.

I was surprised to learn that the 17rd mag from my 24/7 fits the pt-111, but not vice versa. (Too short)

Terrible, ain't it?
You need to be careful when ordering mags for your 24/7. Taurus also made the Kalifornian 10 rd mag with the same length as the 17rd mag. I made that mistake :eek: when I ordered two 10 rd mags for my 24/7 C .45 thinking that they're the shorties but actually they're the regular sized mags with thicker floorplates :p . They worked fine for the 24/7 C .45, however.

#15 ·
Taurus10 said:
You need to be careful when ordering mags for your 24/7. Taurus also made the Kalifornian 10 rd mag with the same length as the 17rd mag. I made that mistake :eek: when I ordered two 10 rd mags for my 24/7 C .45 thinking that they're the shorties but actually they're the regular sized mags with thicker floorplates :p . They worked fine for the 24/7 C .45, however.
NOW I AM VERY CONFUSED AGAIN :p

#16 ·
Because the States like Kalifornia limit the magazines to 10 rounds max so the guns that can be sold there can't have the mags that hold more than 10 rds. Taurus has made the 10rd mag for each of the 24/7 models to comply and these 10rd mags have the same length as the regular mags so they can be used in the regular 24/7 guns.

#17 ·
That applies to a lot of stuff.

My first Taurus was a Pt-140 Millennium Pro, but it actually said "CA" on the slide (should have said KA)

10 rounds was fine, I think that's what I expected at the time. but it was definitely NOT SA/DA.

It was DA only. Had a really crappy trigger pull.

#18 ·
Yep, 10 rounds was OK especially in .45 ACP but I was expecting the 10 rd shorties for concealment, not the regular sized 10rd KA mags so I was a bit disappointed when I got them. But they worked great with my 24/7 C .45 and PT145 so I was still happy. ;D

Just wait till olfahors gets here. He has a great passion on the KA guns and mags. :D

#20 ·
Taurus10 said:
YEP!! I should have made note of that in my post as well!
OF course I can't imagine anyone ordering anything that has kalifornia marked on it unless they live in kalifornia, all the rules are different!
Wonder what the G-2 kalifornia edition is going to be like, if they even produce one?
I think (notice i said think) that you can order the regular floorplate from Taurus to convert the kally mags to standard mags, that is if you don't live in kalifornia.
seems like someone mentioned they did that.

#21 ·
Rottiejake said:
NOW I AM VERY CONFUSED AGAIN :p
can't help you with the Mill pros from actual expereince but I understand that the 24/7 mags (regular size) will fit the mil pros but don't know that for sure.

#22 ·
Taurus10 said:
Just wait till olfahors gets here. He has a great passion on the KA guns and mags. :D
yes, yes I do love all things kalifornia, especially Mrs. Pelosi.
OH and electric cars, not necessarily in that order!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.