Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Purchased Today!!

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  BlackPonyCar00 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself as a new member of the Taurus fam. Purchased a PT 24/7 PRO C DS .40 today :). Unfortunately I cant pick it up til thursday... no CCW... YET. After much research and holding/firing many diferent guns, this was the most comfortable for me! I love it and cant wait to shoot next weekend.

I've been lurking here for quite some time, and look foward to actually contributing after some first hand knowledge.

I will post pics when I get it home.

Have a great weekend everyone! :D

#2 ·
A big Mississippi welcome to ya’ll and congratulations on ordering the 24/7 PRO C DS .40!

Whether you’re seeking info on Taurus pistols and revolvers, reloading tips, concealed carry suggestions, general handgun safety and handling, or you want to jump in and make a contribution to any of our various sections, you have certainly come to the right place.

Take the time to read the forum guidelines and rules, and enjoy the time you spend with us.

PS...I have a 24/7 identical to yours, except in .45 ACP and I'm totally pleased with it!

#6 ·
;D
welcome to the forum, i am sure you will find the 24/7 meets your needs!
I got the ones on each side of yours , a 9mm & a 45 ACP!
wonderful carry guns!

Attachments

#7 ·
Welcome from northern Illinois! I have a PT 145 MillPro which I enjoy exercising.

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum from Jacksonville, FL!

Glad to see another local member here! What part of JAX are you from? I live in Green Cove Springs. Enjoy the new pistol!

#9 ·
Welcome aboard, and congrats., on that new 24/7 Pro. I have had mine since christmas, and still can't hardly stop looking at it. Shoots sweet too! You will like! :D

#11 ·
I'm on the Westside of jax for now... @mototrider, I purchased from accademy as they seemed to have the best price out of all the shops around here.

Question for the local guys... any decent outdoor ranges close by?? My wifes family has 10 acres in maccleny if theres nothing closer than that.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, and i look foward to learning a lot and contributing what i can.

#12 ·
BlackPonyCar00 said:
I'm on the Westside of jax for now... @mototrider, I purchased from accademy as they seemed to have the best price out of all the shops around here.

Question for the local guys... any decent outdoor ranges close by?? My wifes family has 10 acres in maccleny if theres nothing closer than that.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, and i look foward to learning a lot and contributing what i can.

Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club is out on Zambito Road on the Westside. It's a very nice outdoor range.

http://www.grpc-jax.com/

#13 ·
im not to familiar with fl yet since ive only been here a year, but i goto the fish and game out near lake city and just make a day of it (no range officers, and usually in the afternoons you can have a whole pistol bay to yourself like its your own range) macclenny is a lot closer lol i would set up a small range if i had the property, i would rather drive an hour and have fun and practice draws and whatever else i would like then shoot with city ppl and be treated like a 5 yr old by range workers, @ bigskiff do you no or have heard anything of this range www.attac-fl.com/ seems like a good deal

#14 ·
@ motorrider....In my Law Enforcement Basic Training class, we used that as one of the ranges for the firearms portion of our training.  It served our purposes well.  Never dealt w/ them on a "customer" level though.  Decent range, but i also dont have much to compare it to. 

#15 ·
Welcome and congratulations on acquiring a very good gun,

We're gonna expect a photo and a range report.

While you're waiting, take it apart and clean and oil it again,

Enjoy !

#16 ·
i was going to goto st johns river police acad took my bat scored a 95 and finished pat in 4:20-:30 seconds cant remember, i took them when i got down here and was suppose to start last september but was full by the time i took the bat and i started getting a few doubts about deparments not hiring and people knowing people getting hired so i decided to go into marines for mp and now have to wait till fall to be shipped out lol, are you a jax or st johns sheriff?

#18 ·
Range report will be up next weekend, as I wont be able to pick up the gun until saturday morning :'( I plan to shoot next sunday morning and will post pics and report shortly after.

#19 ·
Welcome fellow Freakviller (Jax resident) :D. You are going to enjoy your new 24/7. I liked mine, 24/7 DS 45, so much I went back out 2 months later and bought its little brother, 24/7 C 45. I tell you they both are real good weapons and use my compact as my EDC. I too got mine @ Academy Sports. Found one of the sales guys @ Shooters was not that knowledgable (told me Taurus never made the 24/7 in compact version that the MilPro was the compact. :???: Was kind of a jerk when I tried to explain just a month before I had held one @ Academy and it was same price as my full DS. :-X Gateway I hear is a good outdoor range and very safe, you actually have to take their range course before going out to the lanes. I have only fired mine @ indoor range off Beach Blvd usually for my lunch. Enjoy your new pistol!!!

#20 ·
Thanks!! "freakviller"... wish L&T would come back on here. I'm definitely excited about picking it up this weekend.  I had a very similar experience with shooters... while asking about the compact he seemed a little put off that i was wasting his time looking at tauruses, and when i asked to see one of the springfields.... he very quickly informed me that "oh... that one is going to be WAY more expensive!"  i was done at that point and walked out.  oh well, academy got my business, great people to deal with in the firearms area.

Gun gallery is a nice indoor range, as well as bullseye off of beach blvd (@university)

Have a great week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.