Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Ordered a 24/7 G2 DA/SA 15RDS - What came...

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dawhoo 
#1 ·
I ordered a 124909g1215 - that's the item number I was given. The picture on the Taurus site, is not what I got, but I'm not at all upset.

Here's the picture from the Taurus site and the picture that was in my local gunshop's order book

Notice the flat bottom on the magazine.

Here's what I actually received

I'm not upset at all, particularly when all the "facts" about the weapon come into light.

I was told the weapon was 15rds + 1. The magazine really calls for 17rds (you can actually fit 18rds in the mag).

At the Range...
150ish rounds fired today. 5 different brands, FMJ and JHP all fired without a problem. Accuracy is better than expected. Also, empty weight is lighter than expected.

Overall, I really like it. The price, size and accuracy are all something I wanted and the price was very good, even at a Mom & Pop local gunshop. But I did buy range ammo from WallyWorld. 100rds of WWB for $19.97 is tough to beat...

See less See more
#4 ·
yep! congradulations on the new G-2, let us know how she works out for you.
there are two places thta you can't rely on pictures of weapons!
Taurus catalog and buds gun shop catalog!

#5 ·
dcfis is right, the trigger safety is different, but only slightly so. Minor point. May be a newer manufacture date.

#7 ·
another 100rds today and the accuracy is really impressive. It has been a long time since I fired a handgun, but at 50ft, I was able to place 29 of 36 rounds (standing) in an area the size of a paper plate using 115gr Remington UMC JHP. I'm sure other can and have do better with regularity, but that's a personal best for me.

I think a big past is the whole thing seems 'suited' to my medium frame and hand size. Very impressed and very happy with my choice to get this pistol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.