Taurus Firearm Forum banner

24/7 OSS Review

4K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  stecker 
#1 ·
I will begin by saying that I had never even touched a Pistol before purchasing the Taurus 24/7 OSS. All the information I had about firearms came from a few weeks worth of research. I chose this pistol because it has been getting some decent reviews, it has a lot of safety features, and it was less than $400.

The pistol came in a decent quality case. When I opened it up the case had foam fittings for all the materials (pistol, magazines, loader, Taurus keys, cleaning brush), and also came with a lifetime warranty card, and full color manual.

Stripping the pistol down for the first initial cleaning was very simple. I was surprised how easy it was for someone who had never even touched a handgun. After striping it down every part was in perfect condition, and all of the functions (safety,decocker,Taurus lock) were in working order. The magazines dropped free and the slide was in great condition also.

After cleaning it I took it to my local firing range to give it a try. I was able to fire 100 rounds of PMC FMJ's without a single issue. As far as accuracy goes, I was a little all over the place with the first 36 rounds, but this was due to me not realizing the pull the pistol would have when being fired, and that it was hot as hell, so my glasses kept fogging up. After those first three magazines I was able to figure out how to handle the pistol, and control the fogging issue. All of my groupings were within 4in, so I was extremely happy with that, being it was my first time firing a handgun. NO LOW AND LEFT ISSUES AT ALL.

Overall I am extremely satisfied with my first handgun purchase, and cant wait to get my Taurus 24/7 OSS back to the range!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad you had a good experience. I myself have been looking long and hard at the 24/7 series, I really like the decocker option. I'm looking at more of the compact side as a replacement (don't kill me milpro guy) or brother to my pt111.

#3 ·
Congrats, thanks for the report!

#5 ·
Varangian said:
I'd sure like to shoot somewhere where it's hot outside. ;D Congrats.
Well it was a indoor range, and being from Florida there is nothing worse than being inside a building without air conditioning. I'm going to probably use this range for the next month, and then just stick to the outdoors. lol

#6 ·
congradulations on the 24/7 OSS, they are sweet pistols and will stand in there with most any other manufacture in a tactical type pistol regardless of price.
Once she gets a few breakin rounds through her and you get the trigger reset down it is a very accurate weapon, I really like the 24/7 weapons.
I didn't see where you listed a caliber so i assume that you got the manly 45 ACP caliber in this fine weapon.

#7 ·
Congrats. I have a 9mm OSS. I have around 7-800 rounds through it at least. I have decided to do a little torture test since it's mainly my range gun. The last 500 rounds have been since my last cleaning. No failures of any kind. Im going to see how many I can shoot before it jams up on me. The only thing I have done is wipe down the outside of the slide, not even swabbing the feed ramp with a q-tip even. I am very pleased so far.

#8 ·
npte80:

Congratulations on your new 24/7 OSS! Thanks for the great range report. :thumb:

I thought I was the only one having problems with my glasses fogging up while shooting my OSS! ( I drool a lot too!) :drool:

****************************************************************************************

Shokr21:

I could hardly blame you for making the switch to a 24/7 PRO Compact DS. I have one, myself, in .45 ACP and it's a real dandy pistol.
:D

Here it is with the 12 round extended mag

#10 ·
Congratulations on your new 24/7 OSS, your first time Range Trip, and having a good time with your new pistol! What Caliber did you get?

I have two 24/7's. A Standard 9mm 24/7 Pro and a .45 24/7 OSS and they are great handguns I trust and use.

#12 ·
Sounds like a great experience. I have the (2) 24/7 Pro C's in the 9mm and I have never ever had a problem with either one.
On my second job, I am so confident in them that I carry it as a duty weapon. My company only allows a .38 or 9mm while working uniform duty. Plain clothes can carry whatever they desire. I have had several plain clothes assignments with this company and I still carry the 24/7 Pro C as my duty weapon even though I have other options.

#13 ·
Good choice it is a great shooter, and pretty rugged to.. and .45 what more could you ask for!?

#16 ·
Congratulations on your new OSS, I think you'll be well servered by it in the future. They're quite handsome looking guns aesthetically and I don't heap that praise upon many polymer pistols. I do like the look of Berettas PX4 Storm series as well. Glad you're liking it so much. It won't be much longer until gun-itis takes over and you'll want to add more. :p

#17 ·
Taurus_9mm™ said:
Congratulations on your new OSS, I think you'll be well servered by it in the future. They're quite handsome looking guns aesthetically and I don't heap that praise upon many polymer pistols. I do like the look of Berettas PX4 Storm series as well. Glad you're liking it so much. It won't be much longer until gun-itis takes over and you'll want to add more. :p
It already has. Just picked up a Maverick 88 shotgun off buds.

#19 ·
olfarhors said:
congradulations on the 24/7 OSS, they are sweet pistols and will stand in there with most any other manufacture in a tactical type pistol regardless of price.
Once she gets a few breakin rounds through her and you get the trigger reset down it is a very accurate weapon.
+1,000 on that!!!

Only 400 rounds down the pipe of my OSS 45, but I am already almost as accurate with it at 50 feet as I am with my S&W 22A. In slow controlled fire I can keep 10 rounds inside an 8" circle using just plain old WWB 230gr FMJ's. It get's even better if I brace myself or use a bench rest. Maybe I just don't have enough experience with pistols, but I have to think that if a hack like me can get those results with really cheap ammo then the OSS has to be one of the most accurate commercially available gun platforms out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.