Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Picking up my new 24/7 OSS Tommorow

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  bre346 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm going to my my FFL dealer tomorrow to pick up my first handgun. I just had one question about what I should be looking for when I inspect the pistol before I sign and pay for it?

#2 ·
Function and fit and finish!
IF you are a newbie to handguns find a knowledgeable buddy to tag along with you.
Enjoy, they are great weapons.

#3 ·
Also, ensure that the warranty card, two security lock keys, owner's manual, and cleaning brush are in the case.

I have the OSS .45, and it is the finest handgun I've ever had the privilege of owning.

Congratulations!

#10 ·
npte80 said:
Hi everyone. I'm going to my my FFL dealer tomorrow to pick up my first handgun. I just had one question about what I should be looking for when I inspect the pistol before I sign and pay for it?
Where did you purchase the OSS, and do you mind me asking how much $? I just started a new job and once I get a couple checks I want to get an OSS in .40. I've wanted one of these since they came out now with the new job I can justify the $!

#11 ·
HallPT111 said:
Where did you purchase the OSS, and do you mind me asking how much $? I just started a new job and once I get a couple checks I want to get an OSS in .40. I've wanted one of these since they came out now with the new job I can justify the $!
Ordered it from budsgunshop.com for $370 including shipping insurance. Although I just checked the site, and all they have left is a 9mm model, and a few different 45's in stock.

#15 ·
Also, after you pick it up, make sure you disassemble it and clean it throughly before you shoot it. Taurus is famous for packing the guns with grease at the factory.

#16 ·
I save the best gun for last- my Taurus 24/7

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.