Taurus Firearm Forum banner

De-Cocker Issue

963 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  olfarhors 
#1 ·
First, let me give praise where praise is due. Just purchased 24/7 DS Pro from Jet Guns, and I can definitely give them :thumb: :thumb: on their service and prompt delivery. They answered my questions, and even pulled the gun I purchased from them off the shelf to verify it was exactly what I wanted. Ordered @ 8:30am in a Thursday, recieved a shipping confirmation @ 9:30am, gun was picked up for shipping @ 4:eek:opm, and at the FFL on Monday @ 12:00pm. Great service.

Took it to the range this Saturday, and fired 50 rounds through. Winchester and Federal without a single FTF or FTE. Sent one mag of Monarch through that my friend was shooting, had one stovepipe. Just to confirm it does not like the cheap stuff.

Now to the de-cock issue. After giving a good cleaning and lube from the range, the decocker would not engage unless the gun was bumped. After breaking it down again and inspecting I could not find anything out of the ordinary. I reassembled and worked the action several times and finally got it to working.

One thing I have noticed, the safety lever does not move past the red dot into a definite decocker position as I remembered the one I handled at Academy did. Is it supposed to move into a definite position beyond the red dot?

Thanks for allowing the lengthy post. Opps clicked on wrong photo. Can't figure how to get it off.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't think the decocker on either my 24/7 C's moved past the red dot when I decocked it. After I set the manual safety to the ON position, I would move it to the higher position to decock the gun but the switch never went past the RED dot. The RED dot is only an indicator to let you know the gun is ready to fire so it's only visible when the manual safety is in the OFF position.

#5 ·
Taurus10 said:
Nope! I think at that time, you tried to decock the gun when it's in DA so you couldn't decock it.
In other words, you can't Decock the Pistol when it is already Decocked.

With an unloaded Pistol, If you rack the Slide to Cock the Pistol and then can Decock your Pistol, there is no problem. However, if you still can't Decock the Pistol after Cocking it, you have a problem. From your last post there isn't a problem.

#6 ·
It just seemed odd that the decocker mech functioned properly after the delivery cleaning, yet seemed to have problems after the first firing cleaning, then straightened out again. After firing next week then cleaning, if it happens again I will post to see if I am doing something in the cleaning/lube that is causing this to happen.

#7 ·
The decoker lever definitely moves well above the red dot on the safety, then of course returns via spring pressure to ride in the same position as if the safety is on (covering the red dot).
IF the weapon is cocked you should feel a definite spring pressure against the decock as you push it upward and then it should briskly move back down into the safety position upon release of the safety lever.
I have three 24/7 D/s models and they all work exactly the same way.
I have no idea if all work in this fashion but for me its 3 out of 3 that does.
hope this helps you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.