Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Difference in PT-145 and 24/7 Pro C DS?

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  gunmaker 
#1 ·
Not really seeing much difference in these two. anyone help me out?

#2 ·
The 24/7 is slightly bigger and has a decocker.

#4 ·
dcphoto said:
The 24/7 is slightly bigger and has a decocker.
That's right. :thumb:

Both are very fine conceal carry / home defense handguns which have been on the market for several years. We read of very few complaints of these two particular pistols.

Here a couple of pics which may be helpful to you.

24/7 PRO C DS stainless Millennium Pro (blued)

The 24/7 PRO C DS .45 has a 10 round mag and a 12 round mag.
Here is a pic with the 24/7 PRO C with its extended mag vs. the MilPro.

#5 ·
The 24/7 Pro also has a picatinney rail to mount your accessories. Thus why I went with it over the M Pro.

#7 ·
CNCSC said:
My PT 145 has a rail. Some do and some do not. I'll have to get me a 12 round 24/7c for the PT145 now that I know it will work.
Ya know...when I first started looking at the Taurus brand for purchase, there were so many different models it would make your head just swim! So very odd that some PT-145's do and others don't. Makes ya wonder if someone at the factory was drunk when they were putting them together.
And...if it works for ya, that's a great idea for your 145's mag extention!

#10 ·
The first gen PT145 didn't have a rail and was DAO. They've continued to make improvements with the model. I have the 3rd gen and really like it. When clothing permits, I carry mine with the 12 round mag from my 24/7 OSS. I bought the spacers from Taurus that fills the gap between the bottom of the grip and the bottom of the mag. Makes it more like the 24/7 Pro then.

#11 ·
CNCSC said:
My PT 145 has a rail. Some do and some do not. I'll have to get me a 12 round 24/7c for the PT145 now that I know it will work.
I bought a couple of extra 12rd mags from midwayusa.com when it had $10-off-$50-purchase coupon to share b/w the PT145 and the 24/7 C .45. The mags worked great for both guns.

Edit: It seems to me the MilPro in the pics above is a PT138, not a PT145. ;)

#12 ·
Yep, it is a PT138, but I thought it might be helpful to post the pics for a visual comparison of the appearance of the two lines of pistols.

#15 ·
mad1ben2
the trigger on my 24/7 cds is quite a bit better out of the box than the pt140, after i worked on the pt it got better, but still wasn't quite as good as the 24/7.
If your talking about smoothness D/A is still long pull. A little work,with 2000 grit wet or dry paper will help.

#16 ·
gunmaker -

thanks, I've never been very trigger critical but have gotten into Kahr handguns lately and have fallen in love with their super smooth (although long) triggers. I hadn't shot my PT145 in a while and took it out to test some reloads this past weekend... I was a bit surprised at the stacking and obvious break-point on the trigger when compared to the kahrs... I've been wanting a larger 45 for range use and have been looking at the 24/7s for a few months... after shooting the PT145 this weekend it made me wonder if the 24/7 trigger was similar in feel to my PT145... so that's where my question was coming from.

#18 ·
guys
when i got my mil pt 140 the trigger pull in da felt like it had sand in the striker tube area. I took the striker out and when i looked inside of the sleeve it looked like it had been reamed out with a broken bit. I took a dowel rod that would fit into the sleeve cut a slit in the end of the dowel put 600 wet or dry on the end of it. I got my cordless drill and a little water on the 600, and ran it in and out until i got the roughness smoothed out then finished it off with 2000 grit. That made a world of difference in trigger pull. i got the pt140 used but like new cond.
I thought that was probably why it was there.
My 24/7 pro cds was new so i inspected this area on initial clean up. it was polished up nice and shiny.
To do the work on the pt140 took about 45 min to complete. A lot better than a trip back to taurus..
Just wanted to add this on here in case someone else runs into same problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.