Taurus Firearm Forum banner

any government agencies use a 24/7 ?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  dingo3497 
#1 ·
Just wondering if like maybe brazillian agencies or some other countries do ?

#2 ·
Seems like I've seen somebody say that maybe an Asian agency uses them, maybe Thailand or the Phillipines, but I can't remember now.

I'm not sure if Brazil uses them or not. Certainly no major country's government is using them, as far as I know.

#4 ·
I've read accounts of Brazil's Spec Forces using the 9mm 24/7 OSS and some Phillipine Police Departments allowing use of the standard 9mm 24/7 Pro DS.

Also, the .40 24/7 Pro DS is on the approved use list of some PD's and one locally in my area. So far, no one I am aware of has chosen one. Glocks, XD's, and S&W M&P's are mostly used. The GLock 22 is Illinois State Police Issue and most other LEO's tend to gravitate to whatever the State Police are using, but not always.

Most of the PD's in my area have now gone to an "Approved list" of Handguns the LEO's may carry and use. Officers are now responsible for the purchase and maintenance of their own Duty Handgun. This has allowed those PD's to lay off most of their Armorers and not have to stock issue Handguns. I think this is a trend we will be seeing more of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.