Taurus Firearm Forum banner

24/7 Pro 45 and +p ammo.

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  jwc007 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever run +p ammo thru there 24/7? :???: I have read the manual and it didn't specify not to run it. Just that doing so could shorten the useful life of the weapon. Im looking at strictly a self defense round in +p because they seem to be the hardest hitting :D. I just don't want my gun to KABOOM in my hand. This wouldn't be for range use. Just a few test rounds for functionality, then load the mags up for just in case use.

#5 ·
sure the plus P is fine in the 24/7 I have ran many rounds of it through my 24/7's testing function with different ammunitions.
I do prefer and carry standard velocity ammunition in mine however as muzzle control is much better with that.

#9 ·
In the .45 ACP, I've never found a reason to bother with +P ammunition. For normal defensive use, Standard Pressure .45 ACP does very nicely.

For everything else, you need either a Shotgun or a Carbine/Rifle of some sort.

That said, a .45 24/7 Pro will most certainly handle +P level .45 ACP ammo. Just don't use a lot of it as it will prematurely age/wear any handgun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.