Taurus Firearm Forum banner

2nd range trip with my new 24 7 pro 9mm

947 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  olfarhors 
#1 ·
i went to the range yesterday and decided to try and push my limits and sent a target to 25yds down range. ive only ran 200 rounds through it including yesterday and was able to put 7 in a 8in diameter target printed on a sheet of standard computer paper (8.5x11) with 2 more on the paper but outside the circle. i am in no way an experienced shooter, only have about 250 rounds shot career wise. i feel like it was a good first attempt at 25. What can you do at 25 yards with your 24 7? dont worry about trying to 1 up me, i expect it as a newbie.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it took 15 rounds to get those numbers. so 7 on target, 2 just off, from 15 attempts

#3 ·
well I don't think that i have a 25 yard target actually, as I seldom if ever shoot strickly at 25 yards with my carry guns, My 22's I do at times.
heres a few targets from different weapons over time and at varying ranges.
Most of these are first time shooting with the particualr weapons and before adjusting the sights on them.
Typically I can keep all rounds on the silhoette at 25 yards with about everything except maybe the 709 and 738.
I really worry more about COM and double/ triple taps than anything with my carry guns.
most of my shooting is doen at 7-10 yards.

Attachments

#6 ·
I stop at 15 yards. It gets embarrassing.

#7 ·
i never plan on using my gun to that distance other than at a range, but practice is all about pushing yourself so i figure push myself for a few shots. if i can hone in at 25, i think shooting closer for accuracy will become easier

#8 ·
kcunha said:
i never plan on using my gun to that distance other than at a range, but practice is all about pushing yourself so i figure push myself for a few shots. if i can hone in at 25, i think shooting closer for accuracy will become easier
As we, jokingly, say down here in Mississippi:"Go on with your 'bad self'!" :shooter: :shooter: :shooter:

#9 ·
Oh, I ocassionally throw a few rounds at 25 yards, if outdoors i may even do a few farther than that.
The 24/7 OSS, the 1911's (Tauruses OR "Tauri", para's, and Colt, the Cougar, the dan Wesson 41mag,) all shoot pretty accurately at 25 yards.
Its just that i don't shoot that much at those distances as they are self defense weapons.
The 22's are all 6 inch barreled, adjustable sight weapons and are more condusive to longer ranges and of course much, much cheaper to shoot, and it takes the same fundimentals basically to shoot them as the bigger calibers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.